MTG: Arena

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I'm done with arena. They've ramped up power level just to much for other formats.

Rime

<Donor>
I have played some, now that AoT has been banned, but it just means the meta has shifted. In ranked (I am a Gold/Platinum player), it is all slow-roll planeswalker or control decks, with a rare RDW or Mutate thrown in. Companions are effectively dead after their errata change.

When T3feri is out, I will be significantly happier, M21 does not seem to be adding anything that is 'broken' yet.

I have not spent a penny on the game in almost a year, though. Just doing 4 Wins a day and the Daily quest (usually takes 30-45 minutes on Ladder, more around 20-25 in Brawl) gives me around 50-60,000 gold to spend on each expansion. They have been nerfing the Mastery Pass each new one, however. The first one, you bought it and if you maxed it, you earned a profit in gems. Second one, you broke even, most recent one, you come out at a loss in terms of gems. The M21 one is an even lower amount of gems rewarded, so eventually, you will have to 'buy' it using cash, rather than just earned gems, which is sort of their intent.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You and a lot of people. Amazing how much this thread has died down. I uninstalled 2-3 months ago.

if they had a semblance of fun balance i'd put two hundo in every quarter to play, I really like MTG, but it's just all so tedious now, zero fun decks

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Unsure what the fuss is about. Standard has always been a terrible format.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

think i'm gonna enter this Historic tournament MTGAZone is hosting tomorrow. their first one, free to enter, should be an amusing clusterfuck at worst.

what deck would you guys run right now? meta seems pretty wide open

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
this server is the style where you need a separate machine (or cleverly rigged virtual machine) to box a second account, right?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
753d3152-da9d-48af-98b0-34efb990205d.jpg

fuckin a', my Dimir deck needed this so bad. legit more excited about this uncommon than i am a lot of the other spoilers lol.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
mtggoldfish.com - look up budget decks. The UR Sprite dragon is pretty decent for almost no cost. Mono hite lifegain and mono green are also good (and green will last a while for the rares and mythics you need to craft)

• 1Solidarity

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
mtggoldfish.com - look up budget decks. The UR Sprite dragon is pretty decent for almost no cost. Mono hite lifegain and mono green are also good (and green will last a while for the rares and mythics you need to craft)

Just wish I had one buddy to go with me to Friday Night Magics, but fuck it I might end up just going and dealing with other people and meet them. I am a pretty social fellow anyways, I took two hits of Parvati's Tears by GammaGoblin all by my self when I saw TOOL in Hampton, VA right up.

Went by myself too, because my "acquaintances" are either broke as fuck, opiates are their main priority, and my old roommate is just a dickhead, think I might grab that 666 Manson bill I got at Knotfest in Japan @ the Manson show and that was amazing, coming out to Angel with the Scabbed wings is a win win . KRA KRA KRA!

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Anybody with some tips on some deck building? Would be appreciated and will donate for the time.

Standard events and metagame @ mtgtop8.com has pretty much the same info, and doesn't have a main page BLM banner linking to some plain white-hate articles.

Any white person that supports mtggoldfish is absolutely retarded. After clicking that banner I actively avoid the site.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Mtgazone is a site I found recently and is very good for decks and info on the MTGA meta specifically
The site itself sucks though with ads and videos everywhere

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Having fun playing the new set in sealed.

And by fun I mean beating up kids and getting free cards.

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Pack 1 pick 1 on my first Traditional Draft this set

Tis a sign from the gods, this rotation is mine to dominate

IMG_20200919_172142.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't even know if I'd pick that card in draft. That's a tough build-around.

• 1Like