MTG: Arena

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Gyruda is ridiculous and fun. It can be easy to beat but many decks don't have a chance once it gets started. I see it being a real problem once the pros start perfecting their lists.

Sterling

El Presidente
There's some very shitty players in these draft queues.
If you're playing in the low ranks of the ladder for limited you often get constructed players burning their gold as well as the usual shitters that get stuck in gold/platinum because they're mediocre.

Sterling

El Presidente
it probably tries to, but it probably gets looser as time goes on. Also, a 3-1 player in silver is different than 3-1 in mythic.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Record is a big part. I only play a limited for a few weeks at the start of a set so start at silver usually. I was matched against a mythic player when my record was 6-1 on my first premier draft this set. I was like silver 2.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Been grinding some, goddamn this is terrible.

Half the decks are mono-red, still. I did 2 games (single round) in 25 minutes, about 5 minutes was me playing, and 20 minutes was waiting for opponents.

They really should halve the timer and start banning people that time out regularly. I've played vintage and legacy at higher pace then people play their fucking stompy decks. People take like a minute to mulligan, its as if they need to read every card for the first time.

That being said, this deck is quite a lot of fun.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
RDW is a welcome breath compared to all of the insane Companion decks or Agent of Treachery decks in my opinion.

I agree with ropers being trash, though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone play a lot of Brawl? Trying to figure out the best list for Nicol Bolas because something about being an evil power-mad dragon really speaks to me.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
drafting decks like this feels too easy

ez.jpg

Sterling

El Presidente
White based cycling decks are the easy to get good decks in draft although of course a good version of whatever is probably good. The cycling deck is wild because any 1 or 2 mana cycler is a real card regardless of color etc and being able to play like 14 lands is awesome.

Also, companion is dumb as fuck and Standard sucks ass right now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
White based cycling decks are the easy to get good decks in draft although of course a good version of whatever is probably good. The cycling deck is wild because any 1 or 2 mana cycler is a real card regardless of color etc and being able to play like 14 lands is awesome.

With hand smoothing and cycling you can easily run 11-12 lands no problem.

Lurrus is dumb as fuck, fucker is in every damn format.

• 1Solidarity

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

I don't go for cycling since its usually contested and some of the cards are pretty subpar as is.

Whatever cycling cards I get is a byproduct of drafting wb humans good stuff.

Everyone laughs at the whispering squad, until its T1 squad into T2 squad into T3 Sanctuary lockdown, with a guaranteed 3rd whispering squad on the way, and a nearly full hand left.

I like those dudes.

Companions were a bad idea. Unsure what they'll do with the situation. Its possible they'll just print some kind of really great companion removal and use that to boost sales. If so I'm sure the companion answer has already been designed.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I just get on to do my dailies and thats it, but I do it with Brawl (wish could do historic brawl) because its the only format I have fun with on it.

But winning because people don't know how phases work is funny stuff.

• 1Like