MTG: Arena

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
That counts as an arbitrary daily goal, I guess I was hoping for something bigger with a finality. Dailies, by definition, don't really end.

you could pick out a good deck someone has thrown together and play until you have enough wild cards to complete it yourself?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Magic formats/seasons are always changing and new sets rotate in and out so much you can be in an endless cycle of testing and competing if you take it seriously. That's the beauty of the game, it never gets stale so long as you can afford to keep up with the Joneses. That's concerning the actual card game though, Arena has nothing to stir the competitive juices yet.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've been running a RW control deck that just wrecks RDW about 80% of the time since that deck is so prevalent in the quick ladder play. It needs some tweaks still and wouldnt mind hearing what the masses here think.

4 Fountain of Renewal (M19) 235
4 Dawn of Hope (GRN) 8
4 Deafening Clarion (GRN) 165
3 Cleansing Nova (M19) 9
3 Seal Away (DAR) 31
2 Treasure Map (XLN) 250
3 Karn, Scion of Urza (DAR) 1
3 Ixalan's Binding (XLN) 17
1 Divine Visitation (GRN) 10
4 Sacred Foundry (GRN) 254
4 Clifftop Retreat (DAR) 239
12 Plains (XLN) 261
2 Settle the Wreckage (XLN) 34
4 Healer's Hawk (GRN) 14
3 Rekindling Phoenix (RIX) 111
4 Mountain (DAR) 264

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I built the Izzet Drakes deck. It's pretty fun to play on Arena.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So I've been drinking a bunch o wine and playing the game, here's my thoughts:

It seems like i get land screwed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more often than i did with paper magic. Not saying it always happens, but it happens enough to notice. Almost like the algorithm for the game is "if # of lands < 24, then player gets land screwed 50/50"

you fucking assholes with your cookie-cutter, dimir decks, palying a second turn Thought Erasure.
Not only that, but the surveil mechanic eats up so much time, a game against a blue/black deck takes 30 mins win lose or DRAW MOSTER CARDO!!!!

that is all

dodgers-drawing-easy-1.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
In best-of-1 play, the algorithm is actually designed to draw you 2 different hands and give you the hand with the better land mix.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Did they wipe accounts after closed beta? I had a decent red deck that's no longer there. Had to go through getting all the intro decks again too.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
need a report button for timer abusers in competitive games

• 1Like

Pyratec

As compensation for your collection, or for the real life money you had spent?

Any purchased gems were refunded, anything you earned through play, including cards, was not. There was also a code for three planeswalkers and one for three packs that all closed beta participants received.

Last edited:

Brand

Molten Core Raider
All I see is boros and dimir, just like dom draft was a lot of Gruul. Its making me dislike draft and wish for a sealed choice.

MTGA draft is a bit stale and weird as compared to live draft with actual people. I can't wait until they add a real live draft...The computer draft is just meh.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They should get rid of draft and stick with sealed for MTGO, the draft bot thing is stupid.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Any purchased gems were refunded, anything you earned through play, including cards, was not. There was also a code for three planeswalkers and one for three packs that all closed beta participants received.
Wish I hadn't deleted that...oh well.

Still trying to decide between this game and Gwent as my main CCG. Anyone else here play both recently mind sharing their choice?

Pyratec

Ive been playing this super janky deck with a bunch of guild gates, guild summit and an equipment that gives vigilance and menace and +1/+0 for each guild gate I have in play. Poop out tokens with Dawn of Hope and suit up and send them in. The deck is terrible and gets run over 50% of the time since over half the lands come into play tapped. But god when it works is it glorious. Attacking with 3 17/1 menace vigilance lifelink tokens is good times.

• 1Worf