MTG: Arena

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Hmmm, even the budget decks I'm missing most of the cards. I guess getting into constructed as F2P is not a good idea?

I was able to make a couple meta variants of rdw after a few days of grinding the freebee decks and dropping 55 to buy some packs and play some drafts

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I was able to make a couple meta variants of rdw after a few days of grinding the freebee decks and dropping 55 to buy some packs and play some drafts

Deathwing Deathwing I should note, you may want to do some research and pick another deck as RDW is pretty countered in constructed event lately

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Mono blue aggro is pretty easy to put together. WW is a bit more extensive but still fairly easy as well if RDW isn't preferred.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Don't craft mono blue, that deck sucks fucking noodles and lives or dies 100% on whether it draws curious obsession in its opening hand. Also literal none of the cards will help you build any other deck.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Izzet Drakes is fucking hilarious. Make sure to play 22 lands though if you're going to play best-of-1.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How long is a set in standard? I'm trying to get a grasp of how reasonable it is to F2P or even "$50 every new set" this game.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
As of now sets stay in for about 2 years. Ixalan released last year in October and will leave October 2019. They've monkeyed with this schedule in the past, but so far have always reverted it to the 2 year cycle.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoy playing the tournaments ie sealed and draft. Just wish there was a way to do sealed other than gems.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've been trying to convert all my coins to gems via Draft rewards. Pretty damn slow going tho. Hopefully I can do at least one free sealed buyin.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bought the starter pack and $50 of gems, converted it into 15 packs of Ixalan, Rivals, Dominaria, and Ravnica. I imported the top two rows from here:

Magic: the Gathering Standard Decks and Metagame Breakdown (All Decks)

And I can make most of those decks with my wildcards. This is without sideboards, I figure BO1 is better for now to learn. BO3 seems like really long games. Any recommendations on which to do? I'm leaning toward Boros Weenie(though, not sure what makes it Boros without the sideboard) or RDW(though Kiroy Kiroy says it's countered in current meta). Might also try a BW vampire deck, but I don't see one mentioned in here at all. No good anymore?

Basically, a deck that's on the smaller side to ensure it curves out consistently. Elfball I think meets that criteria too.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea Boros weenie is really, really strong in the best of 1 format. You don't have to follow any of the exact decks as a lot of is flexible aside from the 4x History of Benalia and 3 or 4 Legion's Landing.

My current version runs real low to the ground with snubhorn sentry, bodyguard and skymarcher for 12 1-drop creatures. Heroic Reinforcements is the gods honest truth and will still you so many games you have no business winning.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
BW vamps is decent. You can make it work with mostly uncommons. Highly recommend the 2/4 flying vamp that draws a card and does damage to the opponent, people go out of their way to remove that card. Dawn of Hope is also a GREAT white card to craft. Quite an excellent draw engine.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
god i'm so sick of drake in constructed event

is constructed bo3 meta a little better?

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
What's the best format for card acquisition? I have no idea how to draft but I just want more cards.