MTG: Arena

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Might also try a BW vampire deck, but I don't see one mentioned in here at all. No good anymore?

I had a lot of fun and success with mine at first, but it seems like it isn't doing as well lately. I just kind of winged mine instead of following someone else's, maybe I just need to change up my support cards.

I used to see other people playing them a lot more often than I have lately, too. Maybe the general meta is changing and there's too many people playing decks that are strong against vamps? Idk.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I had a lot of fun and success with mine at first, but it seems like it isn't doing as well lately. I just kind of winged mine instead of following someone else's, maybe I just need to change up my support cards.

I used to see other people playing them a lot more often than I have lately, too. Maybe the general meta is changing and there's too many people playing decks that are strong against vamps? Idk.

everyone's playing izzet/jeskai control it's really fucking a grind trying to power through constructed event event right now

i know at this point it's just a trope, but blue is the fun killer as usual, between monster ass drakes, cheap almost limitless card draw / counters and retarded plainswalkers, it really does get old

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
that said i've been having fun with this jank deck in constructed event lately, I call it "choices"

4 Sword-Point Diplomacy (XLN) 126
4 Lightning Strike (XLN) 149
1 Dragonskull Summit (XLN) 252
4 Swamp (RIX) 194
14 Mountain (RIX) 195
4 Sovereign's Bite (M19) 120
2 Banefire (M19) 130
3 Demanding Dragon (M19) 135
4 Guttersnipe (M19) 145
4 Shock (M19) 156
4 Cinder Barrens (M19) 248
4 Electrostatic Field (GRN) 97
4 Lava Coil (GRN) 108
4 Risk Factor (GRN) 113

it's ratio isn't .5 but it's when it gets a good draw it wrecks almost every meta deck and i'm sure it causes some rage

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
everyone's playing izzet/jeskai control it's really fucking a grind trying to power through constructed event event right now

i know at this point it's just a trope, but blue is the fun killer as usual, between monster ass drakes, cheap almost limitless card draw / counters and retarded plainswalkers, it really does get old

so you'd think my Dimir surveil deck would do great but i seem to struggle with it haha

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
so you'd think my Dimir surveil deck would do great but i seem to struggle with it haha

you would think that but I bet they are just drawing into counters with their almost infinite card draw and fucking you up

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
you would think that but I bet they are just drawing into counters with their almost infinite card draw and fucking you up

pretty much yeah. that or they're super agro decks and end up tearing me down too far before i can get rolling.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
that said i've been having fun with this jank deck in constructed event lately, I call it "choices"

4 Sword-Point Diplomacy (XLN) 126
4 Lightning Strike (XLN) 149
1 Dragonskull Summit (XLN) 252
4 Swamp (RIX) 194
14 Mountain (RIX) 195
4 Sovereign's Bite (M19) 120
2 Banefire (M19) 130
3 Demanding Dragon (M19) 135
4 Guttersnipe (M19) 145
4 Shock (M19) 156
4 Cinder Barrens (M19) 248
4 Electrostatic Field (GRN) 97
4 Lava Coil (GRN) 108
4 Risk Factor (GRN) 113

it's ratio isn't .5 but it's when it gets a good draw it wrecks almost every meta deck and i'm sure it causes some rage

R/B without Angrath? Maybe not the perfect fit for your deck but one or two would probably be good.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
R/B without Angrath? Maybe not the perfect fit for your deck but one or two would probably be good.

ya i'm low on wildcards and I threw it together around risk factor and sword-point diplomacy. a lot of the damage is the opponents choice, it's fun

i'm sure it could be better though, angrath would fuck over drake/control decks pretty hard if you could get his ulti off

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will try Artifact just to take a break from Mana and Counterspell. I truly hate both mechanics so much. I really wish that all counterspells had to show in hand. Gets really annoying playing against a deck that chains that spell 4+ times. I play Dimir and do not use counterspells. Blue is a color that is getting old because of both prevent and length of games. It was the reason I loved Hearthstone but blizzard had to dick up that game with "RANDOM".

6 more days until I take a break from this game.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Boy, that is a flavor of salt I haven't seen in a long, long time.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
gah we took to much advantage for far to long, don't play rdw in constructed bo1 right now, holy crap

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

The best Izzet decks don't even have counters. Jeskai Control is still aids though, it's got so much more raw power than the rest of the format.

Some flavor of Mono Green is probably pretty good in the meta. I love how it shifts in Arena a lot more organically than in other venues where you can just trade in your whole deck and buy a new one.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The best Izzet decks don't even have counters. Jeskai Control is still aids though, it's got so much more raw power than the rest of the format.

Some flavor of Mono Green is probably pretty good in the meta. I love how it shifts in Arena a lot more organically than in other venues where you can just trade in your whole deck and buy a new one.

ya I might have to pump a few more bucks in to get some more decks going. the problem is a good number are playing izzet but more are playing jeskai and if you board for one you're fucked for the other. and then ya, green comes in and has a turn 3 12/12 lol

mono green prob my next deck

p.s. niv is such a bullshit card lol

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Also, if the next set is anything like Gatecrash, there's going to be some bonkers Gruul cards so any of the solid green game ending monsters like Carnage Tyrant that also slot into something Gruul is probably a decent investment.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I like white weenie since you win/lose against aids decks after about turn 1. Keeps the stress down and adantos survive a few wipes

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Also, if the next set is anything like Gatecrash, there's going to be some bonkers Gruul cards so any of the solid green game ending monsters like Carnage Tyrant that also slot into something Gruul is probably a decent investment.

TY. I have three mythic wilds waiting for which way I wanted to go. I knew control was too expensive at this point but maxing out my CTs suddenly looks very promising.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
TY. I have three mythic wilds waiting for which way I wanted to go. I knew control was too expensive at this point but maxing out my CTs suddenly looks very promising.

Yea but you have to build a deck for them. Green stompy has lost it edge with the rotation. Probably go with explore wild growth walker for early game then put golgari in for mid upper range and Tyrants as finisher.

• 1Like