<Bronze Donator>
theme of this expansion "you thought you were frustrated now? hold my beer"

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
theme of this expansion "you thought you were frustrated now? hold my beer"

Yeah this looks balls to the walls unfun. lol. Imagine it'll be worse once the cards rotate out too. It makes it worse that I don't really like playing white and blue.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah this looks balls to the walls unfun. lol. Imagine it'll be worse once the cards rotate out too. It makes it worse that I don't really like playing white and blue.

the number of discard options that are gonna be in a lot of decks going to be for some fun waiting to see who gets the top deck games

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Wotc didn't do a good job promoting this but if you get Gold this season in ranked you get a foil wizards lightning and if you get Platinum you get a foil Vraskas Contempt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They have preorder deals now. The liliana is a nice touch and you get a coouple extra packs with a sleave. Not bad I guess.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I went from bronze to gold 2 this morning in b01 ladder and every single game I played was against esper control except for 1 rdw and 1 jund. So friggin tedious to play against repeatedly. Worse than playing bo3 for time spent. I pray my next session is just all wins straight to platinum so I can stop and go back to non ladder.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I went from bronze to gold 2 this morning in b01 ladder and every single game I played was against esper control except for 1 rdw and 1 jund. So friggin tedious to play against repeatedly. Worse than playing bo3 for time spent. I pray my next session is just all wins straight to platinum so I can stop and go back to non ladder.

Same here, and on top of that the fuckers take forever to make a decision like they’re at a GP or something. Just play your fucking cards in a timely fashion instead of roping every single turn.

• 1Worf

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I ended up grinding up to plat 4 tonight from bronze for the foil reward. Part of my deck strategy was to trick the matchmaking system on who it paired me with plus a deck that could go for a quick win. I hardly ever saw a control deck and not a ton of the mono red like I normally see with a similar deck. I just played ranked bo1 so the sideboard was meaningless but just in case that was factored in I did have one.

1 Sunder Shaman (RNA) 210
8 Forest (RIX) 196
4 Zhur-Taa Goblin (RNA) 215
8 Mountain (RIX) 195
4 Gruul Spellbreaker (RNA) 179
3 Rekindling Phoenix (RIX) 111
4 Merfolk Branchwalker (XLN) 197
2 Jadelight Ranger (RIX) 136
1 Skarrgan Hellkite (RNA) 114
4 Stomping Ground (RNA) 259
4 Rootbound Crag (XLN) 256
3 Thud (M19) 163
3 Pelt Collector (GRN) 141
4 Collision // Colossus (RNA) 223
3 Risk Factor (GRN) 113
1 Biogenic Ooze (RNA) 122
1 Domri, Chaos Bringer (RNA) 166
1 Nikya of the Old Ways (RNA) 193
1 The Immortal Sun (RIX) 180

4 Cindervines (RNA) 161
2 Kraul Harpooner (GRN) 136
4 Lava Coil (GRN) 108
2 Wildgrowth Walker (XLN) 216
2 Rhythm of the Wild (RNA) 201
1 Ravager Wurm (RNA) 200

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I ended up grinding up to plat 4 tonight from bronze for the foil reward. Part of my deck strategy was to trick the matchmaking system on who it paired me with plus a deck that could go for a quick win. I hardly ever saw a control deck and not a ton of the mono red like I normally see with a similar deck. I just played ranked bo1 so the sideboard was meaningless but just in case that was factored in I did have one.

This drives me nuts. Devs say matchmaking does not apply to ranked but it absolutely feels like it does.

• 1Like

Caliane

en_YmBkpsTYbo.png

daaamn.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

73l45vf4vfq21.jpg

This one is unassuming, but looks real fun. Could be the "swiftblade vindicator" deck that just never worked. working.
Shes going to pump up with various well, pumps, and proliferate hella fast.

surestrike, arresters zeal, etc.

new card, "defiant strike" is 1 white cmc, target gets +1/0 until end of turn. draw a card. so, pumps her nicely, and draws a card, to keep the pressure on.

I made the example. turn 2 drop her. turn 3. moment of triumph/arresters zeal for 2 white. shes a 8/8 with flying on turn 3. add in strike for your 1 red mana, and shes 10/9 with flying and first strike on turn 3. back to 5/5 at the end of the turn.

Or, you can hold onto her, and drop her on like turn 6 and cast that shit all at once, into a player that can't counter it.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
You could win the game in turn 4 with that sac spell that does damage to any target,Thud.

Caliane

You could win the game in turn 4 with that sac spell that does damage to any target,Thud.
lol. didnt even consider that.
Thud says "sacrifice a creature" is "Target" implied here as part of sacrifice, or does thud not actually target the creature?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
73l45vf4vfq21.jpg

This one is unassuming, but looks real fun. Could be the "swiftblade vindicator" deck that just never worked. working.
Shes going to pump up with various well, pumps, and proliferate hella fast.

surestrike, arresters zeal, etc.

new card, "defiant strike" is 1 white cmc, target gets +1/0 until end of turn. draw a card. so, pumps her nicely, and draws a card, to keep the pressure on.

I made the example. turn 2 drop her. turn 3. moment of triumph/arresters zeal for 2 white. shes a 8/8 with flying on turn 3. add in strike for your 1 red mana, and shes 10/9 with flying and first strike on turn 3. back to 5/5 at the end of the turn.

Or, you can hold onto her, and drop her on like turn 6 and cast that shit all at once, into a player that can't counter it.

You also sorry before you draw so it turns it into a better opt.

Caliane

It says any target.
m-019-130_1.png

the damage is targeted. the sac is as added cost of casting thud. im saying here, so, this would not count as targeting the legionare for an additional counter before going off. As thud doesnt actually target the creature being sacrificed.