MTG: Arena

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Treasure event is fun went 5-1 with super friends. Karn, and Tess love those treasures.

Sterling

El Presidente
Ponza was a very different kind of deck than current mono red. I doubt they'll reprint a good 3 mana LD spell in standard anytime soon.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
spark cards look fun

invade the city gonna be annoying as fuck in arclight phoenix decks

invadethecity.jpg

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
spark cards look fun

invade the city gonna be annoying as fuck in arclight phoenix decks

invadethecity.jpg

Eh, it doesn't include exiled cards like the Drake does plus it has zero evasion so it's just a big guy to get chumped. Plus you don't have the option to make multiple armies you can Judy make one bigger And bigger.

No jump start 2/10 not playable.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally 5-1ed with a green/black control deck. I did notice one thing that was interesting about this event. They turned off the BO1 starting hand system. I played 14 land red and had opening draws with no mana. I always assumed that any BO1 event would at least maintain the normal rule set. I guess not.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I’ve only been playing MTG for a month or so now and I 5-0d the treasure event with my removal + ethereal absolution deck. Went up against a couple of slow playing decks (drakes) which are very vulnerable to removals and I was lucky to pull out early ethereal absolution against low power aggro decks. Actually got out 3 ethereals against a white weenie deck expecting to get cleansing nova’d and the guy ended up quitting with 10 hp.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
  • FoilFungus - Premium Deathbloom Thallid
  • ParallaxPotion - Premium Revitalize
  • PlayAllegiance - 3 packs of Ravnica Allegiance
  • PlayRavnica - 3 packs of Guilds of Ravnica
  • ShinyGoblinPirate - Premium Fanatical Firebrand
  • SparkleDruid - Premium Druid of the Cowl
  • STARTERSTYLES - Arena card sleeves and premium versions of Luminous Bonds, Divination (M19), Doomed Dissenter, Viashino Pyromancer, Llanowar Elves (M19), and Meteor Golem
  • SuperScry (or PremiumScry) - Premium Opt (IXL)

All the codes copypastaed.

--
War of the Spark Trailer

All the leaked cards look meh so far, but I'm also not a fan of planeswalker cards so it's hard to drum up excitement for this set.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
All the leaked cards look meh so far, but I'm also not a fan of planeswalker cards so it's hard to drum up excitement for this set.

I got back into MTG cuz of Arena and never played with Planeswalkers til then. I am also not a fan.

I hate that there are more white cards that are gonna fuck up my Rhythm of the Wild/Cindervines deck.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
636896500561368157.jpeg

Uncommon Planeswalker, figured they'd do something like this for them. Interesting, tho again pretty meh.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
636896417186776854.png

Now this one is interesting tho. Not sure how to break it but seems like the sort of thing that someone might figure out how to achieve broken-status with.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

tibalt planeswalker means rdw gets to fuck around in bo3 now

bolas citadel could get interesting

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
tibalt planeswalker means rdw gets to fuck around in bo3 now

bolas citadel could get interesting

I guess it gives another option, but if I'm going to bo3 with red then I'm likely going to play phoenixes since they are a lot more sticky and then start splashing in cindervines etc.

Citadel looks like it'll do gross things in edh.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
I guess it gives another option, but if I'm going to bo3 with red then I'm likely going to play phoenixes since they are a lot more sticky and then start splashing in cindervines etc.

Citadel looks like it'll do gross things in edh.

They're going to run lava coil and your phoenixes will be sad.

Probably the easiest event, for me anyway, since MTGA launched. Basically running whatever the fuck you want as long as it even shares a single color. Huge creatures, two Zetalpas, like 6-7 planeswalkers, eziest 5-1 of my life.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
They're going to run lava coil and your phoenixes will be sad.

I don't think any current standard decks with life gain are also running lava coil, even in sideboard, save maybe gates so taking out a rekindling phoenix is going to require 2 spells in the majority of cases aside from vraskas which also takes out planeswalkers so tibalt isn't safe.