4 Steel Leaf Champion (DAR) 182
4 Nullhide Ferox (GRN) 138
4 Ghalta, Primal Hunger (RIX) 130
4 Unclaimed Territory (XLN) 258
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
4 Hinterland Harbor (DAR) 240
2 Simic Guildgate (RNA) 258
3 Frilled Mystic (RNA) 174

This deck is fucking fantastic in BO1. Ghalta just goes right over the top of what most people are doing.

Playing in the next tournament? I know you are busy but you can handle a 72 hour round.

And Yes I lost to that fucking Departed Deckhand zoo last night.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Are you playing that pile in ladder or just normal? =O

---

I've played over 200 Bo1 games this week and the amount of Esper Control or the Dovin's Acuity variation on ranked is too damn high.

When I got to platinum I straight conceded 50 games in a row hoping to lower my MMR a bit and still seeing the same Esper decks.

Even Bo3 hasn't been much better as it's just been some form of Gates/Temur Reclamation/Esper.

Watching streamers playing the same Esper mirror matches for 8+ hours is the only comfort that I'm not alone in my suffering.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

---

I've played over 200 Bo1 games this week and the amount of Esper Control or the Dovin's Acuity variation on ranked is too damn high.

When I got to platinum I straight conceded 50 games in a row hoping to lower my MMR a bit and still seeing the same Esper decks.

Even Bo3 hasn't been much better as it's just been some form of Gates/Temur Reclamation/Esper.

Watching streamers playing the same Esper mirror matches for 8+ hours is the only comfort that I'm not alone in my suffering.

What deck are you playing? The stupid matchmaking algorithm supposedly changes your opponent based on your deck.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I've swapped around between WW, RDW, R/G Warriors, Mono U, Mono G, Drakes and even a pretty basic Mono B aggro deck for shits and giggles and it hasn't made a difference. I also thought that deck strength wasn't part of ladder matching anymore so I don't even know if it matters.

Can't even just concede and jump to next game since it's like 7-8 out of 10 matches are Esper so I'm not going to climb at all doing that.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I’m only a casual jank deck player at platinum 3 now, always creating something goofy.

God I love playing against mill decks. I put Gaia’s in every single deck because I hate them so much.

Last night was particularly satisfying. Guy had like three Patient Rebuilding out, plus four psychic corrosion by the end, in addition to some other mill cards. So needless to say he was milling a lot per round.

He also had the enchantment that exiles the graveyards and sacrifices itself. So he hit that on me and was lucky enough to exile two Gaia’s, but he never pulled another one of those enchantments as he probably doesn’t play more than one or play against Gaia’s that often.

With my two remaining Gaia’s he must have flipped them 20-25 times. He quit right after milling out his final card before my turn started. He had no creatures or damage, just pure mill.

Ahhh. Better luck next time, champ.

The icing on the cake is hitting “oops” every time my library gets reset.

Until someone whips out the waddayacallit card that lets you pick cards to remove. Edit, Unmoored Ego.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

---

I'm honestly enjoying Hearthstone more ATM. At least it's fresh while this meta is stale and annoying as fuck. Seeing the same 3 fucking decks all the time is terrible no matter what game you are playing. I know that's part of every CCG but I can't wait for the expansion to hit.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I play Eternal as well for my other CCG, but I like MTG the best.

I honestly don't mind aggro meta since games are quick in either direction, but when I have to play out 10-20 minute games that are basically hope I draw perfect and they draw poorly with absolute zero middleground it's Zzz.

I feel like all the preview cards from WotS look to make control even more dominant especially for ladder play since you have all these wannabes trying to get top 1k mythic plus seasonal rewards etc. We may be going to go back to a shitty standard.

• 1Solidarity

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I keep seeing people say lands have been weird lately. Could be nothing / no proof / just “the way it seems,” but god damn if they don’t seem weird.

For instance...even with 24 lands I constantly get just one land lately, mulligan, then get one again.

THEN...

It seems like when I do get more than one land, it’s three of the same thing in a row. Like three blacks, three whites, or three rare lands of the same kind in a row. I have a deck with 20 regular lands and 4 rare lands, and three times today in not that many hands I pulled 2-3 of the rares at once in my opening hand. What are the odds.

It “feels” like something is different but again might be bullshit.

Rime

<Donor>
Super free to play, but been doing this since the latest Hearthstone expansion shit the bed again.

Fun playing mono-Green stompies. Was stupidly lucky and got a second Carnage Tyrant, then crafted a third. Only doing random matches, nothing ranked (though I did get to silver on the three games I played?).

But how much 'free stuff' you get every day/week is insane compared to HS. Same with the various tournament modes. Singleton has been lots of fun.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
anyone who says they don't do deck matching in ranked is a fucking retard

changemymind

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

oh shit, rise from the grave! you own jump-starts. didnt even think of that.

• 1Like

Caliane

ah shame. wording makes it seem it should work... but official ruling says, "jump-start always exiles"

The official rules for jump-start are as follows:
702.132. Jump-Start
702.132a Jump-start appears on some instants and sorceries. It represents two static abilities: one that functions while the card is in a player's graveyard and another that functions while the card is on the stack. "Jump-start" means "You may cast this card from your graveyard by discarding a card as an additional cost to cast it" and "If this spell was cast using its jump-start ability, exile this card instead of putting it anywhere else any time it would leave the stack." Casting a spell using its jump-start ability follows the rules for paying additional costs in rules 601.2b and 601.2f–h.
  • You must still follow any timing restrictions and permissions, including those based on the card's type. For instance, you can cast a sorcery using jump-start only when you could normally cast a sorcery.
  • A spell cast using jump-start will always be exiled afterward, whether it resolves, it's countered, or it leaves the stack in some other way.
  • If an effect allows you to pay an alternative cost rather than a spell's mana cost, you may pay that alternative cost when you jump-start a spell. You'll still discard a card as an additional cost to cast it.
  • If a card with jump-start is put into your graveyard during your turn, you'll be able to cast it right away if it's legal to do so, before an opponent can take any actions.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
This thing is brutal. counter uncounterable spells. bounce and evade your own countered... counterspells. back. steal light up the stage/riskfactor. Brutul turnarounds on pumps.

This doesn't seem newb friendly. It wouldn't surprise me if some other thing was spoiled that absolutely wrecks control.

They want the meta to be agro > control > combo, with midrange beating agro and control but mostly losing against combo.