MTG: Arena

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Not really sure why people are pearl clutching about control all of a sudden, I wish I could run into fucking Esper instead of WW or Gruul, it's all over Mythic.

Control isn't that dominate right now. It's just midrange sucks right now.

Edit: Also if I had a tournament to go to I'd play Sultai because it has the most powerful sideboard options the reason it sucks for ladder play but you wanted to play 4 rounds of meta magic you could make it do anything.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Neat bug since the patch, where the opponent rope stops at zero and the game never continues. Twice so far in about a dozen games and the only way out is to concede or just alt-f4 and you get to come back to a loss.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I 7-xed 3 of my 5 drafts with my saved gold~. Glad I didn't waste any gold on m19 drafts.

• 2Like
  • 1Ding!
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Not really sure why people are pearl clutching about control all of a sudden, I wish I could run into fucking Esper instead of WW or Gruul, it's all over Mythic.

Control isn't that dominate right now. It's just midrange sucks right now.

Edit: Also if I had a tournament to go to I'd play Sultai because it has the most powerful sideboard options the reason it sucks for ladder play but you wanted to play 4 rounds of meta magic you could make it do anything.

simple, playing ww or gruul is fairly quick and usually pretty fun

Caliane

8dmjff0i60t21.jpg

ha.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
Part of the fun of MTG throughout my life was the weekend-ness of it, and how it was one to three tournaments on Fri-Sat, and then that was it. All that buildup made for some sad times, but also some great ones too. I say this having been moderately successful at big events, too. I remember wishing I could have events every day.

I do not wish that anymore. I am really sick of RDW and its hand dumping. I just can't be bothered to grind up my rank anymore, even though I think I could and I was doing fine. I find myself only logging in for the special events, because just grinding my dick into bo1s or bo3s repeatedly just doesn't have the magic, so to speak, that it does when you go to play somewhere.

• 1Salty

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Part of the fun of MTG throughout my life was the weekend-ness of it, and how it was one to three tournaments on Fri-Sat, and then that was it. All that buildup made for some sad times, but also some great ones too. I say this having been moderately successful at big events, too. I remember wishing I could have events every day.

I do not wish that anymore. I am really sick of RDW and its hand dumping. I just can't be bothered to grind up my rank anymore, even though I think I could and I was doing fine. I find myself only logging in for the special events, because just grinding my dick into bo1s or bo3s repeatedly just doesn't have the magic, so to speak, that it does when you go to play somewhere.
Yeah, Arena sucks compared to real MTG, you won't hear anything otherwise from me.

However, as someone who works nights and weekends, it's revolutionary as a substitute.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, Arena sucks compared to real MTG, you won't hear anything otherwise from me.

However, as someone who works nights and weekends, it's revolutionary as a substitute.
I hadn't played MTG since Ice Age. I am enjoying it again with Arena. I live in a small town and even with a University there arent many that play magic in my area. Plus as a caregiver i don't have the ability to do much outside of the house.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
I am enjoying this over Hearthstone. Only reason I kept playing HS is I could use BlizzardBucks to buy packs.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
4 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
9 Forest (RIX) 196
4 Departed Deckhand (M19) 49
3 Kraul Harpooner (GRN) 136
4 Merfolk Branchwalker (XLN) 197
3 Jadelight Ranger (RIX) 136
4 Pelt Collector (GRN) 141
4 Steel Leaf Champion (DAR) 182
4 Nullhide Ferox (GRN) 138
4 Ghalta, Primal Hunger (RIX) 130
4 Unclaimed Territory (XLN) 258
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
4 Hinterland Harbor (DAR) 240
2 Simic Guildgate (RNA) 258
3 Frilled Mystic (RNA) 174

This deck is fucking fantastic in BO1. Ghalta just goes right over the top of what most people are doing.

Alright you suckered me into wasting 4 rare wildcards now I'm making a sideboard.

Thinking
3 Spell pierce
3 Negate
1 Krual Harpooner
2 Hydana's Climb
3 Incubation//Incongruity
3 Exclusion Mage

Any thoughts?