MTG: Arena

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the deck list, Mist. I don't have all of the cards but it's still pretty fun.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
sorry @a_skeleton_02 my arclight into the store for $27 credit since the price is still high here due to the Modern GP this weekend. I expect the price to drop like a stone after today.

I also bought an arcane tempo deck for $30, traded in the Phoenix for $27 and kept the rest. Seemed like a good deal

I went on a trading spree at the modern GP, for some reason everyone wanted Sword of Fire and Ice, so I picked up the following. Well on my way to having a decent manabase for standard.

20190420_232344.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Alright you suckered me into wasting 4 rare wildcards now I'm making a sideboard.

Thinking
3 Spell pierce
3 Negate
1 Krual Harpooner
2 Hydana's Climb
3 Incubation//Incongruity
3 Exclusion Mage

Any thoughts?
lol you put spells in your deck. You're not boarding out Nullhide Ferox in basically any matchup, I promise.

If I was going to have a sideboard it would be like, 3x Exclusion Mage for midrange mirrors, 1x Kraul Harpooner for mono U, 4x Wildgrowth Walker + the 4th Jadelight Ranger vs Red, 3x Thrashing Brontodon vs random decks that rely on artifacts or enchantments, maybe 2x Karn and a Vivien for control matchups, some card advantage engine to slam the turn after they Wrath your Ferox.

That said, I'm pretty sure this deck will suck in Bo3. The reason the deck works is because it's stupid and people aren't prepared for it.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
sorry @a_skeleton_02 my arclight into the store for $27 credit since the price is still high here due to the Modern GP this weekend. I expect the price to drop like a stone after today.

I also bought an arcane tempo deck for $30, traded in the Phoenix for $27 and kept the rest. Seemed like a good deal

I went on a trading spree at the modern GP, for some reason everyone wanted Sword of Fire and Ice, so I picked up the following. Well on my way to having a decent manabase for standard.

20190420_232344.jpg

You're dead to me

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
why are you spending money on asian cards that won't be worth fuck all in the future?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
why are you spending money on asian cards that won't be worth fuck all in the future?

Not sure where the asian part comes in in relation to future value but I buy and play with japanese cards because it's easier for my opponents in Japan

I think $3 for the quantity of cards I received is very reasonable

He's Asian you dip.

Not technically accurate I have lived in Japan for 8 years but I am Australian

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
After the GP I'ma send you a list of modern Staples.

I don't expect any of the modern staples other than Arclight Phoenix to go down just because the GP is over. Modern is still played here like crazy - the cards will retain full value or even go up.

I just expect Arclight to down because I think it has been artificially kept high even through the challenger deck's release due to the popularity of Izzet Phoenix in modern (which people are now working hard against) and because of the GP this weekend. I expect it to drop now much like it has in America and other cards like Rekindling Phoenix have here.

I can still keep an eye out for you though.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I don't expect any of the modern staples other than Arclight Phoenix to go down just because the GP is over. Modern is still played here like crazy - the cards will retain full value or even go up.

I just expect Arclight to down because I think it has been artificially kept high even through the challenger deck's release due to the popularity of Izzet Phoenix in modern (which people are now working hard against) and because of the GP this weekend. I expect it to drop now much like it has in America and other cards like Rekindling Phoenix have here.

I can still keep an eye out for you though.

I just need you to translate for me while I shark people in your store. you can hold up like a skype connected Ipad.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I just need you to translate for me while I shark people in your store. you can hold up like a skype connected Ipad.

It's hard to shark people here. I've only found one store where trading is allowed - most magic players here don't buy packs, they only buy singles, so they are pretty clued in to prices and they usually check their favorite card store for the price before executing any trades. That being said, I've never bothered to try to shark, because I don't want to get a bad reputation at the only store where trading is allowed!

Caliane

looking at a boros feather deck, def looks like its going to be pure jank, not really competitive.
Boros Spellslingers Deck
A person posting their version. Theres a few things we can try different..

one, thing to notice is wizard tribal got some great tools. narsets reversal, the dread arcanist, flux channeler, etc.
that might be something..

Green->simic atm, I think might be a big winner.
Evolution sage and finale of devastation. just put them into any pelt collector, or wildgrowth walker deck. exploring merfolk/walkers proliferating every turn. jeez.

Evolution sage on a biogenic ooze as well.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Probably going to play something like this in the first few weeks. Undecided on the fanatics, or Gutterbones.

unknown.png

I'm also looking at something like this

unknown.png

I already have most of the cards for both, should be fun.

Open to input on both!

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Well I was going to buy a war of the spark mythic box or two but you need a US paypal account and I don't want to go through all that trouble

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I was going to buy a war of the spark mythic box or two but you need a US paypal account and I don't want to go through all that trouble

With the Ugin already preselling at 200, you would need to refresh to buy these pretty fast anyways. If that price holds I imagine them being sold out in 15-30 minutes or faster.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
i cant make it out of gold 3 =( its hard out there for esper.
I dont want to spend too many wildcards =)

any ideas? just make a mono red burn?