MTG: Arena

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any chance some of you watching could post out the decks. I want to get an idea of what to expect coming the first week.

Caliane

Any chance some of you watching could post out the decks. I want to get an idea of what to expect coming the first week.
day 9 playing this selensyna tokens atm. doing oddly well for something he just threw together. new Ajanis beast.
3 gideon blackblade, and ajani the greatheared x3
3 Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants 3 Emmara, Soul of the Accord 4 Flower/Flourish 4 Forest 4 History of Benalia 3 Legion's Landing 2 March of the Multitudes 9 Plains 4 Saproling Migration 4 Sunpetal Grove 4 Temple Garden 3 Tithe Taker 3 Trostani Discordant 4 Venerated Loxodon

The infinite ral, was a bunch of shit. chemists insight, shock, fierycannonade.
4 expansion/explosions, ral, storms conduit, wilderness reclamation.
put down ral 2UR, 4cmc. go full control, cast an instant. cast expansion on it. Cast expansion on the expansion. ping for 1 damage, over, and over, and over.
Tedious as heck, but annoyingly easy to pull off. cheaper then niv or thousand year storm.
decklist doesnt support war cards yet, so, didn't get a copypaste of the whole thing.

He did a silly deck at first, which was very hard to pull of but ridiculous when it did. bolas, dragon god+jace, cunning castaway.. root snare, search, etc.
dragon god has the abilities of every planeswalker. jaces "make 2 copies of jace", becomes.. make 2 copies of bolas, dragon god. which you can do. over, and over, and over.
He only got this off a couple times.

A couple opponents have had nice decks with the cruel celebrant and god-Eternal Bontu.
tithe taker, hunted witness, legions landing,elena the dusk rose , etc.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
little worried that in a couple weeks when this is fleshed we're gonna have a garbage 1-2 deck meta

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I highly doubt it. I don't see this set changing the meta that much. Red is still going to be strong and put everything else in check. Everyone thinking every deck is suddenly going to be superfriends is definitely wrong.

There won't be a huge meta shift until stuff rotates out.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Stopped playing my jeskai control and switch to my dimir deck. Far better results and matchups.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Stopped playing my jeskai control and switch to my dimir deck. Far better results and matchups.

I love Dimir! I always end up going Esper when I start building a Dimir deck tho. Adding Mortify and Kaya's Wrath is too tempting, Absorb can be a lot better than Sinister Sabotage, and Lyra Dawnbringer works a lot better than Doom Whisperer as a 5-drop closer. The mana base can just be an issue...

Even more reasons to go Esper once WAR comes out, too. Oath of Kaya, that new 5CMC sweeper (Time Wipe? I think is the name), Dovin's Veto, etc

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm liking the look of Izzet Drakes with Saheli, Augur of Bolas and Thud.

The other deck I like is Dreadhorde Butcher/Arcanist with pump spells and thud.

Basically I just like Thud.

• 1Like

Caliane

There is a bunch of really powerful sweepers.

blast zone might murder mono-u.
widespread brutality
massacre girl

Caliane

the poster mentions in comments, this was made before full spoilers. and agrees with samut's sprint instead of giant growth.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
There is a bunch of really powerful sweepers.

blast zone might murder mono-u.
widespread brutality
massacre girl

There are a lot of really powerful, synergistic game changing cards in general, which is why I disagree with mist that the meta will pretty much remain the same. I think it's going to completely explode and we're going to end up with 1 or 2 best decks because it's impossible to balance this very complex set.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
There are a lot of really powerful, synergistic game changing cards in general, which is why I disagree with mist that the meta will pretty much remain the same. I think it's going to completely explode and we're going to end up with 1 or 2 best decks because it's impossible to balance this very complex set.

I mean it's pretty much RDW and Esper now.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I mean it's pretty much RDW and Esper now.
EXCUSE ME SIR, DO YOU HAVE TIME TO TALK ABOUT OUR LORD AND SAVIOR

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users