MTG: Arena

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Bringing up Formula 1 as an example of how MTGA isn’t pay to win.

Holy shit 😂

American Inventor i am saying it's pay to win I'm also saying that's a good thing because it stops queers like you from playing it.

You can be good and cheap and bad and spend money but you won't consistent do well unless you are good and spend money.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
American Inventor i am saying it's pay to win I'm also saying that's a good thing because it stops queers like you from playing it.

You can be good and cheap and bad and spend money but you won't consistent do well unless you are good and spend money.

I still play. I’m just not pissed off that it’s pay to win.

The question is, why does it make you so angry to admit it?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I still play. I’m just not pissed off that it’s pay to win.

The question is, why does it make you so angry to admit it?

You have me confused with someone else. You've always needed to spend money to compete in magic.

I just think you are a faggot.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You have me confused with someone else. You've always needed to spend money to compete in magic.

I just think you are a faggot.

When MTG is your mistress amirite?

I have no problem with MTGA being pay to win. You’re clearly angry about it.

Sterling

El Presidente
Pay to win more
I mean people have gone mythic/mythic limited and constructed off of a single prerelease code so it does happen. And even if you're not on that level the dailies and shit make it very forgiving for an average player compared to other similar games/platforms. Way easier to go infinite on Arena than it is on MTGO currently. Miss the old Sealed Dailies on MTGO.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I mean people have gone mythic/mythic limited and constructed off of a single prerelease code so it does happen. And even if you're not on that level the dailies and shit make it very forgiving for an average player compared to other similar games/platforms. Way easier to go infinite on Arena than it is on MTGO currently. Miss the old Sealed Dailies on MTGO.

yup, definitely possible to make it to mythic without spending a dime. also definitely easier if you do. everyone is still agreeing even tho it feels like we're all arguing, lol.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
and getting back to mtga, they really need to patch fucking incubation druid auto tapping once it's been adapted, I know it's my fault but I keep forgetting and it's lost me like 5 games

moai13

Trakanon Raider
Picking this up after a long break from MTGO. Any codes that are active other than PlayAllegiance?
Edit: And PlayRavnica, apparently

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am drafting and I have noticed that when I choose a particular color set of say red/green that suddenly those colors dry up quite a bit. Is there a way to game the system? I read earlier that the bots respond to certain stimuli but no hard details were given. Any help from the advanced drafters would be appreciated.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm worried they will simplify the game IRL to accommodate online play.

Stacking triggers and repeating menial tasks is very time-consuming MTGA, it doesn't even have the "and save targets .." option MTGO has. Anything involving animations consumes even more time.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I am drafting and I have noticed that when I choose a particular color set of say red/green that suddenly those colors dry up quite a bit. Is there a way to game the system? I read earlier that the bots respond to certain stimuli but no hard details were given. Any help from the advanced drafters would be appreciated.

you didn't mention when it seems to dry up, so here is both scenario's

if it dries up in the first booster, there is a bot in that direction that is taking your shit and you might want to reconsider switching depending on the cards you have, booster 2 should be good but 3 will be ass again

if it dries up in the 2nd booster, you either didn't pick enough to discourage others to draft that color, or someone opened a bomb and is forcing the color

my tactic is drafting the bombs if available, trying not to overly commit early (spells that require 2+ of the same mana to cast are disfavored early), and i rather go for a deck with 15 good cards then one with multiple bombs and a poor manabase

the current draft format seems to have a lot of creatures with high offensive stats compared to their defense, early defense or life gain are requirements except for aggro, burn, and mid-range creature decks, the 1/4 blue flyer for 2U is a bastion against most all early creatures, the 1/3 black creature with menace that can be pumped is another very strong pick

enchantments are extremely strong in this set, so aim for enchantment removal

Last edited:

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It takes 7 riffle shuffles to randomize a deck, few people take the effort, the AI always does.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
what is up timmy

people using a card you can't afford and/or don't understand?

don't worry, next expansion has a GGG 8/8 drop

• 1Picard