MTG: Arena

Sterling

El Presidente
As someone who likes playing mono colors, it is kind of ridiculous that 2-3 color decks seem to have no drawbacks atm.
Well 2 color decks should be pretty easy, but 3 color decks should have a real cost to their manabase. 4-5 color decks should be very rare in Standard.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My issue with Theros Standard was that the devotion decks were largely the same with Theros as they were later on. Also I generally liked Scrylands, 3 color mana bases should come at a cost, even if it's just 8+ of your lands always coming into play tapped. I also rather enjoyed the 1 Elixir, U/W no win con control deck.
With scrylands, every deck is going to be planeswalker control. There will be basically no aggro decks except maybe 1 or 2 mono color ones.

Sterling

El Presidente
With scrylands, every deck is going to be planeswalker control. There will be basically no aggro decks except maybe 1 or 2 mono color ones.
Can probably still do 2 color decks and it's not like Scrylands will be the only fixing.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
4 Hero of Precinct One (RNA) 11
4 Niv-Mizzet Reborn (WAR) 208
1 Knight of Autumn (GRN) 183
1 Ravager Wurm (RNA) 200

4 Thought Erasure (GRN) 206
4 Growth Spiral (RNA) 178
1 Justice Strike (GRN) 182
1 Mortify (RNA) 192
1 Kaya's Wrath (RNA) 187
1 Time Wipe (WAR) 223
1 Find // Finality (GRN) 225
1 Ral's Outburst (WAR) 212
1 Assassin's Trophy (GRN) 152

1 Teferi, Time Raveler (WAR) 221
1 Teferi, Hero of Dominaria (DAR) 207
1 Angrath, the Flame-Chained (RIX) 152
1 Domri, Anarch of Bolas (WAR) 191
1 Huatli, Warrior Poet (XLN) 224
1 Ajani, the Greathearted (WAR) 184
1 Tamiyo, Collector of Tales (WAR) 220
1 Ral, Storm Conduit (WAR) 211
1 Angrath's Rampage (WAR) 185

1 Plains (RIX) 192
1 Island (RIX) 193
1 Swamp (RIX) 194
1 Forest (RIX) 196
2 Stomping Ground (RNA) 259
2 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
2 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
2 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
2 Godless Shrine (RNA) 248
2 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
1 Hallowed Fountain (RNA) 251
1 Steam Vents (GRN) 257
1 Sacred Foundry (GRN) 254
1 Temple Garden (GRN) 258
4 Gateway Plaza (WAR) 246
2 Rupture Spire (M19) 255

i call it Mizzet Superhero. it's actually working okay for BO1, when it goes off it goes off big, but when it fails it fails big. fun tho.

Edit -- derp that list didn't have Chromatic Lantern tho, which is essential. Hm.

+4 Chromatic Lantern
-1 Thought Erasure
-1 Growth Spiral
-1 Teferi, Hero of Dominaria
-1 Niv-Mizzet, Reborn

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
im sad i didnt grinded teh first event. i could have use the jace glass art

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah there were a few that I just couldn't be bothered playing whatever dumbass format they wanted me to play so I missed a few that I wanted. c'est la vie I guess

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If you want to go flavorful for the event, do this Grixis Amass deck that Channel Fireball posted a couple weeks ago. They called the deck "surprisingly powerful" in Standard, and I agree, so with only one card that isn't from Ravnica Block it should be a hit for this event too. Besides, playing Bleeding Edge as your -2/-2 removal fits the deck theme better than Moment of Craving anyway.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
If you want to go flavorful for the event, do this Grixis Amass deck that Channel Fireball posted a couple weeks ago. They called the deck "surprisingly powerful" in Standard, and I agree, so with only one card that isn't from Ravnica Block it should be a hit for this event too. Besides, playing Bleeding Edge as your -2/-2 removal fits the deck theme better than Moment of Craving anyway.

You realize half the lands in that deck are illegal for the event right?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
im sad i didnt grinded teh first event. i could have use the jace glass art
Personally, I hate the alternate card "art". Including the glass-stained versions. What I particularly hate is the fact that every deck you make needs to be adjusted, as this revert to the default.

Still grinding lightly. Probably not enough to make a real difference in terms of collections, and I'm not motivated enough to spend money.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You realize half the lands in that deck are illegal for the event right?

Well yeah, I figured different Mana base for Ravnica Block went without saying. So there's only one nonland* card in the deck that doesn't work for Ravnica Constructed.

Unless your point aside from nitpicking semantics is to imply that three color decks are a bad idea for Ravnica Block? If so, it worked alright for me, *shrugs*

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Well yeah, I figured different Mana base for Ravnica Block went without saying. So there's only one nonland* card in the deck that doesn't work for Ravnica Constructed.

Unless your point aside from nitpicking semantics is to imply that three color decks are a bad idea for Ravnica Block? If so, it worked alright for me, *shrugs*

You can't just take a deck with check lands in it and say "Use Ravnica block lands" and expect it to perform the same way. M20 has scrylands and that alone is going to rock the meta to its core. Removing half your dual mana base makes tri-colour almost impossible.

Sterling

El Presidente
playing a full 12 shocks and still having to have basics or gates or whatever is definitely a huge cost to 3 color decks in block.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
There's some really broken shit in this game today. Some guy took me from 20-0 with a three card combo of new Ral, Expansion, doubleshot on turn 5. Kinda stupid and really interactive..............

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
There's some really broken shit in this game today. Some guy took me from 20-0 with a three card combo of new Ral, Expansion, doubleshot on turn 5. Kinda stupid and really interactive..............

that's been around he got stupid lucky getting the combo on turn 5