MTG: Arena

Sterling

El Presidente
Vamp decks were getting lucky yesterday but I was losing by turn 5 way too consistently. Once Sorin drops, he not only has to be answered quickly but he usually drops something else that requires quick answers as well. Nothing is more broken than getting free shit and this is no different. Sanctum Seeker or Champion of Dusk with Sorin is ridiculous on Turn 3. In many ways, it's a more powerful turn 3 play than a perfect Nissa hand. I also like that the deck has lots of early synergistic plays that fuck over normal removal. Turn 3 Sorin and fatty wastes my ritual of soot. Turn 3 Aerialist or pumping the Ebon Legion discounts a lot of the value of Cry. It's just harder to get an easy backbreaking clear.

I also played against a solid elemental deck. Risen Reef is absolutely ridiculous if it stays on board for even a turn.
yeah even you cast removal before t3 and champ on;y draws 2 cards it's totally absurd.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Del

Vyemm Raider
Played a really fun Chandra tribal deck tonight. Went 3-1. Lost to Simic Nexus, but otherwise it seems fairly solid, a lot of synergy.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Got a surprise DHL notification when I wasn't expecting anything, so I guess my sheet is here? Let's see how beat up it got being sent to Japan.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been having a lot of fun with this Chandra tribal:

4 Goblin Chainwhirler (DAR) 129
4 Runaway Steam-Kin (GRN) 115
4 Chandra's Triumph (WAR) 121
2 Sarkhan the Masterless (WAR) 143
4 Shock (M20) 160
3 Chandra, Acolyte of Flame (M20) 126
3 Chandra, Novice Pyromancer (M20) 128
2 Chandra, Awakened Inferno (M20) 127
4 Chandra's Embercat (M20) 129
3 Chandra's Regulator (M20) 131
3 Chandra, Fire Artisan (WAR) 119
21 Mountain (M20) 275
3 Mobilized District (WAR) 249

3 Fry (M20) 140
4 Lava Coil (GRN) 108
2 Rekindling Phoenix (RIX) 111
2 Dire Fleet Daredevil (RIX) 99
2 Flame Sweep (M20) 139
2 Tibalt, Rakish Instigator (WAR) 146

• 1Mother of God

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Been having a lot of fun with this Chandra tribal:

4 Goblin Chainwhirler (DAR) 129
4 Runaway Steam-Kin (GRN) 115
4 Chandra's Triumph (WAR) 121
2 Sarkhan the Masterless (WAR) 143
4 Shock (M20) 160
3 Chandra, Acolyte of Flame (M20) 126
3 Chandra, Novice Pyromancer (M20) 128
2 Chandra, Awakened Inferno (M20) 127
4 Chandra's Embercat (M20) 129
3 Chandra's Regulator (M20) 131
3 Chandra, Fire Artisan (WAR) 119
21 Mountain (M20) 275
3 Mobilized District (WAR) 249

3 Fry (M20) 140
4 Lava Coil (GRN) 108
2 Rekindling Phoenix (RIX) 111
2 Dire Fleet Daredevil (RIX) 99
2 Flame Sweep (M20) 139
2 Tibalt, Rakish Instigator (WAR) 146
This deck is great. Very fun so far.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
people concede so easily. i've had so many matches lately where my opponent concedes at 20 life, or close to it. as soon as i get even a little lead they just bail. i don't mind if people concede when we're near the final turn and it looks inevitable, but if we both have a board and you have 20 life why would you bail? smh.

[/rant]

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
people concede so easily. i've had so many matches lately where my opponent concedes at 20 life, or close to it. as soon as i get even a little lead they just bail. i don't mind if people concede when we're near the final turn and it looks inevitable, but if we both have a board and you have 20 life why would you bail? smh.

[/rant]

I bet you play slow as shit

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

[/rant]
Plenty of unwinnable games have nothing to do with life totals. This is how MTG works.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I generally just play unranked for fun usually with bullshit jank decks, so I quit pretty fast if I see certain cards come out. I.e. ashiok, big teferi and I have nothing to deal with it, bolas, if someone gets out two steamkin, etc. Less annoying to quit and find a game that won’t be so slow / or guaranteed to lose.

When I come across retards playing red / blue — I swear to god it’s always red / blue — playing slow as shit in unranked — sometimes I’ll quit, but sometimes I’ll drag out every turn as slow as possible if they start it first. Like bro, we’re not playing for money here, play your damn cards.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
New Code: BroughtBack

2000xp

These guys and their stupid codes, just make the xp grind weekly vs a 3 day quest cycle and daily wins and its a great rewards system and should still help with the ‘last weeks’ of ladder problem they are crying about

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
My issue isn't the mechanics - that is fine, the game doesn't handle infinite turns however. Unless you wish to a) concede or b) wait for your opponent to play infinitely it's a shitty way to get a win via concession, and a draw at worst.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
but it isn't the rules state an infinite loop must advance the boardstate.

so according to the rules mtga should just hand the guy who gets the combo off a win?

and does it advance the board state if you can't move to the next phase? Or are you saying the opposite, hard for me to tell.