MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I find this all fabulous trolling.
>Everyone is hype for Enemy Fetch because "It's zendikar, gotta have em right?" Despite it being pretty clear they wouldn't have all 10 with Delve in Standard.
>"Sorry guys, no Fetches."-MaRo
>Butthurt community, price spikes.
>"Oh, hey guys, we were just fucking with you. There are enemy fetches in BFZ, and they're AMAZING."
>Community squeals
>"...and you'll never get one. Lump it, fanboy."

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Rarity of a foil Mythic is 1 per 216 packs approximately or 1 per case. 25 different ones so 1 Scalding Tarn every roughly 150 boxes. Or 1 playset every 100 cases! The blue fetches will be 300+, some of the less desirable shocks and such around 100 I would imagine. Imagine being the guy that opens 3 cases and just gets a Temple Garden and no fetches.
I haven't listened to the audio yet, but this is why I feel like being the same rarity as a foil mythic when there are 25 options doesn't seem right. There are never that many mythics in a set, so having it pull from the same sheet at the same frequency would mean that the individual cards are much, much rarer than your average foil mythic.

Sterling

El Presidente
I haven't listened to the audio yet, but this is why I feel like being the same rarity as a foil mythic when there are 25 options doesn't seem right. There are never that many mythics in a set, so having it pull from the same sheet at the same frequency would mean that the individual cards are much, much rarer than your average foil mythic.
Imagine these are their own sheet. They'll be in a unique slot not the typical foil slot.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
MaRo actually said they are individually the same rarity as foil mythics but there are 25 of them compared to 15 mythics in a set so they are slightly more common than foil mythics. That's 1.67 times more common or around 2 per case. Roughly 1 set per 12 cases.

That's word for word what MaRo said by the way so is where it's come from that they are 'slightly more common than mythic foils'.

Also why is Mist in RRP ? He/she is one of the better posters in this forum.

Sterling

El Presidente
Just saw the actual announcement. Each one is specifically as rare as a specific Mythic Foil but since there's 25 instead of 15 you'll get one every 3.6 boxes or 130ish packs. 60 cases (360 boxes) for a playset on average. Of course opening 60 cases will unlikely get you a perfect mix, just that you'll have right around 100 of these cards.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It's an incentive for people to draft who don't normally do so, and also a good reason to hoard every box you can find.

That assumes that the usual deck pimping types will actually care. These are reprints, after all, and every one of them had a previously available first-print foil. They don't match dual lands like foil onlsaught fetches, and a certain subset of collectors prefer that.

I'm only guessing, but I think they'll settle in somewhere right around judge foil prices for onslaught fetches, and maybe a tad higher for zens. Shocks, there's no telling. I'm thinking between $100-150. Honestly, more than that and people will just buy real dual lands.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I'm only guessing, but I think they'll settle in somewhere right around judge foil prices for onslaught fetches, and maybe a tad higher for zens. Shocks, there's no telling. I'm thinking between $100-150. Honestly, more than that and people will just buy real dual lands.
I agree with this - also total value (EV) of a box/case is capped for a long time. The average total value of cards in a box/case can't be more than the average selling price, while it's in print. Remember there will be just under 2 per case. Prices will be astronomical at release but I actually expect them to drop at peak supply before rising again after rotation. Even after rotation boxes of this will be available for a long time - prices can only go so high while they can be cracked. Don't forget full art basics and full art foil basics as well also accounting for value in boxes/cases.

As Sterling says very few of the other cards in this set will ever be worth much above fuck all moving forward.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The packs that contain the foil full art BFZ Duals should also be equipped with a greeting-card-chip that plays the Sad Trombone sound when you open it.

And yeah, it's going to be a pretty cheap set to buy into in the singles market, pretty rapidly.

Also, the fact that Fat Packs are assembled from non-sequential pack runs might make them even more interesting as a gambler's product, since it further randomizes the chances of getting one of the expedition lands.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ugh at this boring world championships with siegerhino control going head to head.............blah so boring.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's the ultimate world championship for Magic's Focus Groups, though. No counterspells, buncha $2-4 cards, big durdly creatures.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Guilty as charged. I much prefer a game where hidden information and playing to the stack is more important than how many dudes with ETB triggers I can turn sideways. To each their own.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
The joke is that the Modern we saw was all uninteractive Bogles/Affinity/Living End. Oooh the hidden information.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm only partially trolling. Different strokes for different folks and all. The midrange world probably going to disappear as we head back into ramp world with BFZ.