MTG thread

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Let me start pulling off my excel list of stuff I had on my site.

My highlights stuff is still around 500-750 cards, want me to just email you a spreadsheet?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm stuck here. I have a fully foiled edh deck which I want to protect to avoid foil curling, but if I double sleeve it then it's massive and I worry double will dull out the foils.

Right now I have it single sleeved in dragon shield clear mattes.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
100 of these bad boys should keep them from curling and still offer an unobstructed view.

category_2178.jpg

Otherwise, just use a good sleeve and pack them away tightly.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Alpha/Beta/3-9th and then a little of everything

How much are you tallking? My wife used to have a bunch of old cards that got stolen (back when she originally played). She might be interested. Or more accurately, I might be interested in getting something like that for her.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Hoss, colorless ramp:

Sol Ring
Worn Powerstone
Mana Vault
Basalt Monolith
Thran Dynamo
Pristine Talisman
Commander's Sphere
Darksteel Ingot

I think most of those have been printed in Commander products. There's still a ton more.

If you want colored ramp spells, you'd be looking at green spells.

Colorless should be fine. Many of the cards I was looking at are artifact, and even those that weren't you only need a couple of colored mana. I know other colors can make mana because the one time I played with a commander deck, it made a ton. I think it was black/white. So you're saying green will do a lot more?

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I have gotten a decent amount of requests so I am thinking about throwing the list on here, in some spoilered link. The stuff I have on the sheet is about 1800 cards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Did my first speculation on MTGO. Purchased like 40 copies of harmless offering at .03 tickets per a couple days ago, they are up to .5 tickets already today cause one dude is doing well with a donate deck in standard. I've made literally like, dozens of dollars!

Edit: offerings up over a full ticket per, im rich!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Some pictures of my Krenko deck. It's coming along nicely. I have 21 more foils in the mail.
fbFyJgp.jpg

vIzST9P.jpg

7FMNTOf.jpg

That Ruby Medallion is one of the Charlie Brown misprints but it doesn't show up well in images. I want to get a judge promo Wheel of Fate but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on it yet.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Travis Woo doesn't play Terrible Brew, Makes Top 8 in Portland. Hitler could not be reached for comment.

I've gotten pretty heavily involved with MTG over the past few months. I've been playing it on and off rarely since about 4th edition, but with the release of BfZ I got back into drafting regularly. In January I started with Standard and eventually the other constructed formats.

What formats does everyone play, and what decks? I'm currently doing the following:

Standard - Bant Company
Modern - Infect
Legacy - Burn, in the process of building Colorless Eldrazi (though I've been told the version with Karakas and Displacer is superior) and Grixis Delver

I haven't played much EDH. I started with an Oros deck built around Stuffy Doll mechanics, took it to my LGS and was disappointed with the lackluster performance compared to other decks. I ended up taking the mardu manabase and built a Kaalia deck. Stuffy Doll and similar effects are some of my favorites (dating back to a Mogg Maniac deck I had when I was much younger), so I am now building a Nin, the Pain Artist deck around that.

One thing I have noticed is that while I find my performance in drafting and sealed to be pretty strong, I would say I need to improve how well I do in the constructed formats. While my LGS drafts 2x a week, I only play Standard once or twice a month and Modern / Legacy much less than that. I tried Xmage so I can get some practice there (and test brews), but I would say the competition has generally been lackluster. It is often populated with other people testing brews, so I never get much of a chance to test thoroughly or play against other established decks so that I can learn the meta.

As a result, I think it is time I moved to MTGO. Does anyone have any tips on getting started there? One person recommended start with sealed leagues as a cost effective way to build a collection and then start trading / buying / selling from there. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

A testing group on xmage would also be an interesting possibility.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't hate combo decks and I don't hate the people who play them, but people who play Infect in modern kinda make me wonder if you really enjoy playing magic.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
At least that deck was fun to play. You got to play lots of monsters and turn them sideways.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Eggs was the funnest thing to play, you got to play your entire deck like 50 times each match.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Infect in edh is cancer. 40 health but you still die at 10 poison counters.

T1: Glistener Elf
T:2 Mutagenic Growth, Giant Growth, invigorate. Swing lethal.