MTG thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait for a GP in a nearby not shit town, and sell to the vendors there. Shipping will eat you alive if it's a large collection.

Yeah I've already checked the schedules, the next major event within 3 hours or less is in August. Guess I'll just sell the best stuff as singles and pitch the rest. Was just hoping to avoid dealing with ebay again, felt like a major headache last time.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If your'e still near Chicago drive out to Niles and sell it all to Passtimes. Could also try one of the MTG Facebook groups and see if anyone local wants it.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Enjoyed the Chandra Bellyflop that was the opening weekend of the format.

If articles on a card sales site are telling you a card is worth a $50 preorder, they're probably lying in order to get you to buy a $50 preorder.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
She'll make her mark. Linear aggro is always king on week 1, and Copter is a big payoff for that strategy.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Maybe? I still don't know where she fits in standard. Her +1 draw effect is too unreliable, and the ramp ability ramps in to....what exactly? Some sort of grixis eldrazi plan? Seems bad. She doesn't really make elder deep fiend or mind bender happen any faster due to emerge, so the mana ramp just feels flat there. Maybe going back to the full emrakul plan and using her to get it out quicker?

Format just feels too fast to be dropping a 4 mana walker that has to dump itself to 1 loyalty to hit a creature. Turn 4 using her to ramp to get her + a two drop is maybe okay, but I'm still not seeing that being fest enough to survive something like w/r vehicles.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
She's got 2 years to find a spot, and I suspect she will. There's too much raw power there not to end up seeing play.

The vehicle strategy was obvious once people focused in on Copter as the payoff. Looting has become the cantrip of the modern era, and it's the most powerful card draw we've seen in a long while. They honestly just have too little instant speed removal right now, but I suspect that will change with Aether Revolt. They'll let vehicles + manlands be good for another set, and we'll get a reasonable instant speed removal spell in a few months to send the format in another direction. At that point, there are several strong planeswalkers waiting for a chance to shine.

Which reminds me, why the FUCK can't Dovin stop artifact abilities? That's his entire fluff, and yet his + is creature based. If it could disable vehicles from being crewed, he would be a powerhouse.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
She's only got eighteen months and the clock is ticking!

It's just one event but 32 copters in the top 8 at SCG is a fucking lot of copters.

Chubzy Wombat

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah I've already checked the schedules, the next major event within 3 hours or less is in August. Guess I'll just sell the best stuff as singles and pitch the rest. Was just hoping to avoid dealing with ebay again, felt like a major headache last time.
Pending on what you have I would be willing to buy some of the rares for Modern legacy, and EDH.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Lilly and Emrakul didn't do shit til the Pro Tour either, but they didn't have to compete with Copter. Even so, I'm pretty confident that some new tech will break out and Chandra stands a good chance of being part of it.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Jund already played Chandra, Pyromaster once upon a time. This is a pretty direct upgrade.

I think the bigger problem is that Abzan is poised to overtake Jund in almost every way in modern thanks to the addition of fastlands, Grim Flayer, and general chances in the meta. They're both dogs to combo though, and based on the top 8 of the last SCG event that's pretty much all we're in store for until WotC realizes their shit is broke.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
On the one hand I'm totally happy about this. On the other hand my plan of pretending kalitas and kozileks return don't exist for a few months until they rotated is no longer really an option.

Any of you big time bling dudes looking for a masterwork solemn simulacrum? Having a heck of a time trying to get rid of this thing locally.