MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you aren't using 100% of the tournament round you aren't getting your money's worth yo!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's one good way to mentally burn out by hour 7...

Bro, do you even micro nap?

2heehx4.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Heh, preordered a couple cheap boxes from a brick and mortar. Turns out the employee who posted the preorder was a moron and sold twice as many boxes as they actually had on order. And then sold more in the physical store itself.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Got some early draws which screwed us in the SCG Dallas Open, but we did get to take the best team in the room (Jim Davis/Todd Stevens/Jody Keith) out of contention in a match on camera in Round 5, so it was fun.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Any of you nerds play with xmage at all? I have some standard brews I need to run reps on but people on xmage are fags and quit constantly if they get even a little bit behind.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Said fuck it and decided to try standard tonight. Threw together this deck from the cards sitting on my desk real quick earlier today. MTG Deck: Dimir Flyers

Went 1-2 in every round, which was honestly much better than I was expecting. I might have been able to pull off another win or two if I'd not misplayed the shit out of my warkite marauders. Overall, the decks I played against didn't seem particularly try-hard so I'll probably go again next week for another go with some tweaks.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Anybody know of good ways to get free cards or tickets for MTGO?

I want to try some of the cheaper (~25 ticket) pauper decks, but I don't really want to keep putting more money into it without playing more and deciding if I'll keep at it for a while.

Currently I'm playing Dimir Control (Dimir Control Deck for Magic: the Gathering) but without the ridiculously expensive cards. I did pony up for the Preordains, though.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm

I want to try some of the cheaper (~25 ticket) pauper decks, but I don't really want to keep putting more money into it without playing more and deciding if I'll keep at it for a while.

Currently I'm playing Dimir Control (Dimir Control Deck for Magic: the Gathering) but without the ridiculously expensive cards. I did pony up for the Preordains, though.

Took a look at the cardlist for that deck that you linked, how does it kill someone? Just chipping away with 1/3s and 2/2s?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

One of the side formats you can play on MTGO is a community driven format called Penny Dreadful. It is an eternal format where the legal cards are those that had average price of 0.01 tickets in the months between expansions. When a new expansion is released a nice price snapshot is taken and the format changes.

This search engine has the current legal cards -

Advanced Search

Also, it sounds to me that when Magic Arena, the free to play Hearthstone inspired MTGO type product releases you should jump on that shit day one.

As another fringe option there are some card stores that will rent you cards. For example for a thirty-five dollar month fee they'll loan you out up to 400 tickets worth of cards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

Sign up for a month of Manatraders. I use it to grind standard matches and whatever other crap I want to test. Their 35$/month plan is basically infinite standard play time for any deck you want really, so it'd more than cover the costs of any pauper deck. Hell even their super basic one is probably enough for pauper.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Took a look at the cardlist for that deck that you linked, how does it kill someone? Just chipping away with 1/3s and 2/2s?

Yup, that is usually how I win.

I'm a fan of UB control and I wanted to get into pauper cheap, so I found the cheapest way to do it and bought the deck (cost me about $15). I like the counter and card draw aspects of it, but it really lacks finishing power.

That being said, I've never seen the deck piloted by an experienced player so I don't know if I'm missing something unique about it or not.

I honestly should have bought in with a cheap Red Burn deck and used that to play leagues to build up tickets. Those damn things are hard to stop when they come out roaring.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All the discussion online for the Great Design Search's multiple choice questions is fun. It's interesting to see so many different people's justifications for design thoughts.

Test was pretty easy, only ~2 questions I'm iffy on currently.

Which of course means I'll get like a 42 out of 75 when they actually return the grades tuesday :)

The reprint question needed an F) Lightning Bolt AND Llanowar Elves.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I found it funny that given all of MTG's new diversity, I wasn't allowed to apply because I'm European!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Opened this up out of a pack about an hour ago this morning. Been sitting on my desk since then while I was putting a modern deck back together. Fucking get your shit together wotc, this is out of control.

gSfJscM.jpg

• 1Worf