MTG thread

Sterling

El Presidente
Khans was super profitable to draft between fetchlands and having a local store where somehow only 2-3 people realized lands were pretty much always your high picks despite drafting 2-3 times a week. Hooray for people who just internalized BREAD and never thought to adjust for format quirks.
Trail of Mysteries was my favorite card to open in triple Khans. Draft a bunch of duals and jam as many morphs and removal as possible and have good times.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Apparently, according to Maro, Tree of Redemption was a last minute replacement for print, facing many restrictions.

Since those restrictions are likely Set #, Rarity, and Card Type, that means it was most likely Tarmogoyf, Thrun the Last Troll, Titania, Protector of Argoth, Ulvenwald Hydra, or Undergrowth Champion, previously.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Apparently, according to Maro, Tree of Redemption was a last minute replacement for print, facing many restrictions.

Since those restrictions are likely Set #, Rarity, and Card Type, that means it was most likely Tarmogoyf, Thrun the Last Troll, Titania, Protector of Argoth, Ulvenwald Hydra, or Undergrowth Champion, previously.

Tinfoil theory says Goyf in dominara or core set.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wish I hadn't bothered. The client is slower than MTGO (isn't it supposed to be streamlined?), there's unnesseary wait times after EVERY ACTION.

For example if you want to attack with 3 creatures, you need to wait 5 seconds after clicking each one. WHY.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Something is broken on your end or your connection.

About the only thing Arena really has going for it right now is the client is about a bazillion times slicker than MTGO.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I haven't had that issue at all. I've only had a problem putting myself into full control mode and not knowing how i did it or how to get back out.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Full control mode was shift+control for a while, but I'm not sure that even works anymore now that they have manual stops implemented finally.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I briefly saw a 'full control enabled something something' message in the bottom right corner when i got into one game, but it disappeared before i could read it all and haven't seen it since. I'll try shift+ctrl.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dominaria FAQ leaked in China. Looks pretty neat. Legendary Mox that produces mana based on the Mana Symbols in the costs of your other Legendary Permanents. So if you've got a Sliver Queen out it taps for any color of mana, but otherwise it's constrained.

Inverted-Fading with a Level-Up text-box border is a weird combination of ideas, but I can roll with it.

Every booster pack is guaranteed to have a Legendary Card in it, and Legendary will be spreading to all card types, including Sorceries, like the creeping cancer that is EDH :D

Enemy Check-Lands back, which sets us up for Ravnica 3 and the fun of Checkland-Shockland mana bases again!

See, the set even celebrates 25 years of leaks!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Looks like most of Dominara got spoiled from China:

Most notable shit I can parse through the engrish:

Planeswalker redirect is gone:

Rule Change: Damage cannot be transferred to Planeswalker

Previously, if the source you control will deal non-combat damage to an opponent, you can transfer that damage and instead cause the source to deal damage to one of the planeswalkers controlled by the opponent. This rule will be removed from the game as the Dominaria series goes on sale. A large number of cards that cause a certain amount of damage to the "target player" will receive errata. The principle of errata is:

Kicker is back.

Almost lightning bolt:

Master lightning strike

{ 2 }{ Red }

moment

If you control a magician, this spell is reduced by { 2 } to cast.

Master lightning strikes deal 3 damage to any target .

1 mana dork!:

Luo Yi leprechaun

{ Green }

Creature - Goblin / Druid

1/1

{ tap } : Add { green } .

Almost counterspell:

Mage refutation

{ I }{ Blue }{ Blue }

moment

If you control a magician, this spell is reduced by { 1 } to cast.

Counter target spell.

Enemy checkland reprints:

Isolated Chapel

Land

Unless you control the plains or swamps, orphaned chapels must be tapped into the battlefield.

{ tap } : Add { white } or { black } .

New mox:

Amber

{ zero }

Legendary artifact

{ Tap } : Adds a little magical power. Its color is any color that the legendary creatures and planeswalkers you control have.

Sterling

El Presidente
Don't like that damage redirect... but gotta make Jace hot again somehow.
I didn't really see this addressed other than it's being removed. But if they just allow direct targeting of planeswalkers instead that actually makes burn spells with multiple targets stronger and makes some damage effects much weaker. I'm interested in the specifics and what cards end up getting erratta.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The leak says everything with creature or player targets is being erratad to any target.

The big loser cards are going to be symmetrical damage effects it looks like, earthquake and sulfuric vortex etc.

Sterling

El Presidente
The leak says everything with creature or player targets is being erratad to any target.

The big loser cards are going to be symmetrical damage effects it looks like, earthquake and sulfuric vortex etc.
Right. Wonder if any effects that just hit target player or target opponent or whatever will be changed to also be able to target planeswalkers since those obviously aren't any target. Comet Storm much better at cleaning up a bunch of walkers now though! Also Electrolyze etc get a bit better.