MTG thread

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
If anyone knows how/where to conveniently buy entire EDH proxy decks, I'd appreciate info.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Got bored, it's Halloween season

The Headless Horseman.png

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
If anyone knows how/where to conveniently buy entire EDH proxy decks, I'd appreciate info.

Depends on the quality you want. I went through www.printerstudio.com and designed and ordered custom decks of cards to make proxy decks. Had black borders available and put a different back I them do they wouldn't ever get mistaken for the real thing. You have to download all the art but there are sites for that.

At work now but I can go into more detail about the process and results later if you want.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

There's a lot of effects on that which aren't really needed.

The dusk counters being removed on nonblack spells will probably lead to the card never transforming.
The dawn counters are not going to see any play, 6 turns of a creature like that will either see it exiled or win the game.
I like the dawn/dusk thing but I feel like the werewolf version they already printed does the job better.

I also feel like you want it to be a 10/10 threat itself OR a lord which gives +1/+1 and fear, not both since that's two different game plans it's helping and one is probably going to be less relevent.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
What's the Standard deck I should look to be playing after the GoR release? Returning player that wants to be competitve vs meta playing FNMers. I read about G/B stomp, R/W Boros/Angels agro, also mono red agro. I watched a video about a Dino themed deck that seemed interesting too. Just wondering what way I should go based on what you guys have been seeing do well at your stores. With the Grand Prix tourneys coming this weekend, that may prove to be the best info to power rank what's currently popular.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
What's the Standard deck I should look to be playing after the GoR release? Returning player that wants to be competitve vs meta playing FNMers. I read about G/B stomp, R/W Boros/Angels agro, also mono red agro. I watched a video about a Dino themed deck that seemed interesting too. Just wondering what way I should go based on what you guys have been seeing do well at your stores. With the Grand Prix tourneys coming this weekend, that may prove to be the best info to power rank what's currently popular.

The BG value train deck has been the best performer for me. Wildgrowth Walkers and a bunch of explore creatures to smooth out the mana, (Merfolk Branchwalker, Seekers Squire, Jadelight Ranger) and wildgrowth walker blocks well, gains life and becomes a threat on its own after a couple explore guys hit the board. Add a sprinkling of your preferred removal (Vraskas Contempt, Cast Down, Price of Fame, Assassins Trophy) and some Ravenous Chupacabras. The value train consists of Golgari Findbrokers, Eldest Reborns, and Find/Finality with the last card doubling as a mass removal later on in the game. Lastly a few planeswalkers, 4 CMC and/or 6 CMC Vraska and/or Vivien Reid, whatever tickles your pickle the most.

I don´t find stitchers suppliers or glowspore shamans to be all that strong in the list as I´m not running any undergrowth cards and in general I find them pretty weak, necrotic wound is no fatal push.

The B/G lists dominated one of the first PPTQ´s online as well, could be just that the meta isnt solved yet but I just love all the value you can generate with this list.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Seems interesting, may give that a build. Got a huge selection of cards on the way l, so I should be able to build a few variations of the top meta and then play what fits best when I show up to FNM.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Seeing some people moving here from hearthstone but still complaining about some aspects of hearthstone in this game. You should give Gwent a try, it just relaunched 3 days ago. No mana screw/flood!

Not posting because I'm playing Gwent myself. Just seeing people frustrated with RNG, I don't think they're going to be happy with this game long term.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Ended up running Boros/Angels and went 2-0, then dropped the last 2. First loss I got overrun by Elves in a pair of decent games. I was still missing some mass kill for smaller creatures that I'm sure affected this match's outcome. Last match I got mana flooded both games, good times.

Will be back for sure, had a good time overall. Guy I beat the second match was pissed to lose to somebody that had not played in so long, I found that pretty funny. Wouldn't shake my hand after the match, so I just lul'd and walked away to report the win.

Hopefully have a better record next week, but is just fun to play again after such a long break.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Ended up running Boros/Angels and went 2-0, then dropped the last 2. First loss I got overrun by Elves in a pair of decent games. I was still missing some mass kill for smaller creatures that I'm sure affected this match's outcome. Last match I got mana flooded both games, good times.

Will be back for sure, had a good time overall. Guy I beat the second match was pissed to lose to somebody that had not played in so long, I found that pretty funny. Wouldn't shake my hand after the match, so I just lul'd and walked away to report the win.

Hopefully have a better record next week, but is just fun to play again after such a long break.

If you are running Boros try playing this.

Deafening Clarion (Guilds of Ravnica) - Gatherer - Magic: The Gathering

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Somehow only had 1 from the boxes I opened, and the 3 I ordered weren't delivered on time. I used Tajic to fill the spot in hopes of not hurting the curve. Those make my third match go a lot different I'm sure.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, Keyforge. Was pretty fun to play in the prerelease. Definitely not a game I'd ever want to touch competitively though, since it encourages some pretty degenerate behavior if you take it seriously. Feels a bit like playing Battle-Box in Magic. Didn't lose any games at the prerelease, but that was mostly due to being experienced in card games and half of the 30 people there being Board/Mini-Game players, not cardfloppers.

Some really neat individual cards. The rares are pretty shit, effectiveness-wise, but do interesting (and often pointless) things. Game would absolutely snap in half if you were actually able to build constructed decks.

• 1Like