MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Well, other than auction sites / classifieds style places.

Dug up some Reddit posts, looks like probably Card Kingdom.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, overall cardkingdom has always been the best imo. It felt like on about 60-80% of the cards they had the best price, combined with their speed of turnaround and customer service, they were just the best overall. If you really wanted to maximize your money, you'd check 3+ sites for each card, but that always seemed like more work then it was worth to me. Some grinders use premium website tools that do it for them, but I never paid for one. Waaaay back in the day, like 8 years ago, there was 1 or 2 sites I knew that paid better than cardkingdom, but one of them got further and further behind on payments until they basically went out of business.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Pulled a Pre-release Date Stamped Foil Seraph of the Scales from one of my pre-release boxes, going to at least sell that and a couple others.

Already sold a Carnage Tyrant and an Arclight Phoenix to my LGS but got sellers remorse after at recieving a bit under 50% of the MTGGoldfish average.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I use Card Kingdom and eBay from reputable sellers when I buy and usually eBay when I sell since I can dump all of my extra cards at once and not waste time doing 40 shipments. Usually get pretty close to paper value too even after shipping/fees. I'd probably only sell individual cards if they were >$100 per.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Have done a little bit of selling and used CK for it. Turnaround was great. First was just a single Back to Basics when the price shot up. Second, did about 2000 singles totalling a little over $3k and then a smaller set of ~200ish cards coming in around $400. For the last one, I tried checking SCG at the same time and they needed maybe 1/4 of the cards I was selling vs CK and their prices were much shittier. TCGplayer I haven't tried, mostly because it looks like you have to grade shit yourself? Or I'm just not understanding their selling interface, but either way, seemed like too much work.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
starting to feel like this card is haunting me

at one of the two pre-releases i did, my special date-stamped foil rare in my Rakdos guildkit was friggin' Mirror March, arguably the worst, and definitely the least valuable, rare in the set.

today, went to the store to pick up some RNA packs for release day. quickly flipped through my Gruul guild pack -- hey, two rares! cool! oh wait, double Mirror March.

-_-

Last edited:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Smothering Tithe and Rescue both standard legal. Where's my Stasis reprint WotC?

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
starting to feel like this card is haunting me

at one of the two pre-releases i did, my special date-stamped foil rare in my Rakdos guildkit was friggin' Mirror March, arguably the worst, and definitely the least valuable, rare in the set.

today, went to the store to pick up some RNA packs for release day. quickly flipped through my Gruul guild pack -- hey, two rares! cool! oh wait, double Mirror March.

-_-
I feel your pain. My stalker rare at one point was Goliath Sphinx. Yeah, that was always exciting to open. -_-

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Mythic Championship II Format and the London Test

THE LONDON MULLIGAN

For Mythic Championship II in London, we're going to be trying out a new mulligan rule that we have been playtesting internally for some time. We believe the new rule smooths out opening hand decisions even more, though it certainly has some implications for formats like Modern.

The rule we'll be testing in London is as such: When you mulligan for the Nth time, you draw seven cards, then put N cards on the bottom of your library in any order.

So, for example, let's say you're taking your second mulligan of a game, what we often call a mulligan to five. You would draw seven cards, select two, and place those two on the bottom of your library in any order. Then you would decide whether to keep or mulligan again.

While we have been testing this mulligan rule internally for a while, we are treating this tournament as a test. Once our game designers have reviewed the tournament, spoken to players, and looked at the data, we'll decide whether to implement the mulligan rule wider.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
1550808359507.png

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Haha, is this going in the record book as the first female to win a PT?

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
OF COURSE IT WILL WHY WOULDN'T IT SHITLORD

Because the person asks to be called 'they' and that is definitely not something an attention whore would do. I mean, if the person can identify as female but ask not be referred to as 'she' then aren't these people just making the rules up as they go?

Rhetorical question. It is insane that morons play along with this larp.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users