MTG thread

Sterling

El Presidente
Mono Blue was well positioned to beat esper and regardless of tranny status Autumn is one of the best magic players in the world.

Mono blue also shits on Sultai and that got hated out hard.
Yeah, and there wasn't a huge amount of the White aggressive decks that kind of shit on mono blue either. But top 8 can be kind of skewed since everyone had to play 6 rounds of limited and a number of the top 8 players were 6-0 in draft.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah, and there wasn't a huge amount of the White aggressive decks that kind of shit on mono blue either. But top 8 can be kind of skewed since everyone had to play 6 rounds of limited and a number of the top 8 players were 6-0 in draft.

I^m pretty sure LSV went 3-3 in draft and 8-0 in limited. Not trying to shit on your point, you're right about the draft being huge. Also an interesting note, LSV didn't run a single RNA card in his standard deck, I wonder if Izzet drakes is that good or if it was just well positioned against the field.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I^m pretty sure LSV went 3-3 in draft and 8-0 in limited. Not trying to shit on your point, you're right about the draft being huge. Also an interesting note, LSV didn't run a single RNA card in his standard deck, I wonder if Izzet drakes is that good or if it was just well positioned against the field.

Izzet doesn't gain much from RNA and unless you go the pteramander route then I don't see anything else worth playing.

Sterling

El Presidente
he went 4-2 in draft and 8-1-1 in constructed. My point in general though is that you can have people go 10-0 in constructed and miss the top8 while having people go 6-4 or whatever and get in if they 6-0 draft. This was larger than most PTs so no 6-4 wouldn't have made it in, but Berteuax made it in with a 6-3-1 standard record.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sorting random old cards I found under my bed while moving furniture last week. Nothing but trash, until in notice some old border lands without expansion symbols...

1551152589721.png

I thought I sold these years ago. Maybe I did and these are extras I forgot I had.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
1996 arena island. Those are the basics I use generally. Saw LSV was using them this weekend, people stealing my hotness

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
SCG Philly is in a couple weeks anyone going and wanna grab a cheesesteak and a beer or throw bleach on a minority or something?

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Is MTG racist for making mono white so strong throughout the years?

Especially when playing mono black just puts things in the graveyard

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I find it hilarious when that card gets brought up on reddit and people are offended by it. Like, it's literally named "Invoke Prejudice," what art is more appropriate than spooky axe-wielding klansmen?

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Yup. In 8th grade my teacher found my stash and the first thing she saw was burnt offering with a body getting ready to light up.

Rip those cards

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
I find it hilarious when that card gets brought up on reddit and people are offended by it. Like, it's literally named "Invoke Prejudice," what art is more appropriate than spooky axe-wielding klansmen?
It doesn't help that that artist is an actual racist.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It doesn't help that that artist is an actual racist.
Who better to draw a cycle of Circle of Protection From <Coloreds>? ;)

Yeah, he's not a stellar human being. I like the art he did for Magic, though. If the internet hadn't come along and encouraged everyone to fly their freak flags on personal geocities websites would have likely never known what he was about.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I think he only has like 30 cards, I should collect them, though nethervoid will be a bitch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Summer Draft Innovation product is a full-sized set, $7 a pack. Cards are not Standard legal, but rather consist of New Cards, and cards-that-were-previously-not-Modern-Legal printed directly into Modern Legality. Booster Box topper is an alt-art of one of the old cards being printed into Modern Legality (which won't be in the booster packs, but will also become modern legal because it's the box topper). Set comes out in June, so it's a 3 month wait until spoilers. The two early spoilers we got look like an attempt to push BW Tokens back into being a functional deck. We also know from previous interviews with Gavin that we're finishing out the Talisman cycle from mirrodin this set, with enemy-color talismans.

MotherfuckingSerra.png

CabalTherapist.png