MTG thread

Chris

Potato del Grande
The first card is complete ass and the second is OP as fuck, a sorcery speed recurring dark ritual +1? Lmao.
This is the worst part about posting creative card ideas, people dismiss them based on numerical values alone.

I'm not playtesting fake cards, change the values however you like. Gain one B less, cost one B more, whatever.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It isn't hard to see that a card which generates BBB each turn for a casting cost of B is insanely OP.

One mana ramp gives one mana, and it usually doesn't on the turn you play it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It isn't hard to see that a card which generates BBB each turn for a casting cost of B is insanely OP.

One mana ramp gives one mana, and it usually doesn't on the turn you play it.
You misread it. Only BBB on the first turn. The pay B tax happens every turn though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Thought you meant activated ability.

Still a dark ritual on the turn it is cast though, which would most likely make it at least a top card in modern.

Sam Black would put it in his greater gargadon deck.

T2 bloodbraid seems good also.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Oops! Even so the extra mana is important to make black worse at this than green.

It's still making green mana too.

Yeah I did think the same thing about it producing green mana. Green mana would have worked okay for the deck I was building when I wished that a 1 CMC black mana dork existed tho. :)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah I did think the same thing about it producing green mana. Green mana would have worked okay for the deck I was building when I wished that a 1 CMC black mana dork existed tho. :)
Yeah I think tapping for mana is green, so it needs to be green... so it would have to be hybrid G/B if you want it for 1 Mana? That's Deathrite Shaman so I guess your efforts should be focused on fixing that card?

There's those alternate mana dorks that uptap lands, so how about:

G/B Loamrite Shaman
Elf Shaman
Tap: Untap target Swamp you control, that land is now a Wastes.
1/1

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Painter's should remain banned if they're banning Engine. It's a 2 card infinite mill combo.

I'm surprised they let Iona go for as long as it did since it just ruins "fun" when it comes down against mono colored decks.

But the whole ban list is a bit silly since they seem to arbitrarily ban combo pieces. They hate cEDH but won't come out and just say it.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Painter's should remain banned if they're banning Engine. It's a 2 card infinite mill combo.

I'm surprised they let Iona go for as long as it did since it just ruins "fun" when it comes down against mono colored decks.

But the whole ban list is a bit silly since they seem to arbitrarily ban combo pieces. They hate cEDH but won't come out and just say it.

There is a french commander banned list that I've seen used when places do 1v1 commander events

Duel Commander | The official website and your best resource for MTG duel Commander games. Rules, French banlists, news, blog posts and announcements from the committee.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Iona only got banned so they could unban paniter's servant.

Mono colored edh decks are small a minority of what decks are played that she was rarely played/seen.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Iona only got banned so they could unban paniter's servant.

Mono colored edh decks are small a minority of what decks are played that she was rarely played/seen.
Well, I mean, Painter's Servant + Grindstone = takes a player out of the game with 2 cards. Then you need a way to untap it (I'm assuming you're playing blue while doing this) or just some counter magic and waiting a turn cycle to protect it.

Iona hates out a player(s) from the game but doesn't win on the spot.

The rules committee are a bunch of halfwits in my opinion.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Not really even sure why they banned paradox engine. Just from our playgroup, we almost never saw them except in rare cases of something degenerate. I haven’t seen someone else play one since dominaria released and someone played it in their fresh Traxos deck (also the only deck I have one in and I have nothing to combo with it, it’s just a win-more card more than anything). Sucks since it’s not really used elsewhere the value is shot to hell. Our LGS wouldn’t even take the masterpiece one we tried to trade in. It’s a good, powerful card, but there’s so many more combos out there that they don’t give a shit about that I don’t get why engine needed to get blasted.

And yeah bringing back painters servant without doing something about grindstone is stupid. That’s someone out of the game as early as like turn three or some shit, not counting if you ramp earlier into it. I don’t think anyone’s really going to miss Iona, but I don’t think it needed banned (except now that painters servant was unbanned).

• 1Dislike

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The true sorrow with the Paradox Engine ban is that I can't blame it for targeting the Sisay player now, and have to actually be honest with them that their 15 minute searches (Despite it being clear what you need to grab) every turn are annoying as fuck. This offends my midwestern passive-aggressiveness.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider

• 1Jonesing

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
selling off my collection before Standard rotation, anyone want to buy my Esper color dual lands for a better price than Card Kingdom is offering?

don't have many other cards of note, the only valuable cards i have are from my Ravnica Allegiance era Esper Hero deck that i didn't updated when War of the Spark came out, so yeah.