MTG thread

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
That card will either be stone unplayable or part of some degenerate combo deck without much in between.

the card you cast does't get exiled so calling degerenate, glimpse yourself + ancestral visions x4 is one you could do in modern, or something with manamorphose into grapeshot ect.

Sterling

El Presidente
the card you cast does't get exiled so calling degerenate, glimpse yourself + ancestral visions x4 is one you could do in modern, or something with manamorphose into grapeshot ect.
That won't work since Ancestral Vision doesn't have a mana cost.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It has an escape cost though, which is 0 mana+exiling 3 cards, and that is a totally payable cost.

I think that card just makes a new storm deck in legacy? It's essentially infinite mill with LED and brain freeze.

Sterling

El Presidente
It has an escape cost though, which is 0 mana+exiling 3 cards, and that is a totally payable cost.

I think that card just makes a new storm deck in legacy? It's essentially infinite mill with LED and brain freeze.
Pretty sure there wouldn't be an escape cost since it's mana cost isn't actually 0.

Vinen

God is dead
Wife got me this for xmas. Now all I need is a Mishra Workshop to complete my Antiquties LP/NM set.

20191231_203407.jpg

Probably will proxy it into my EDH deck.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vinen

God is dead
Don't think that matters so much as the card specifically stating that the escape cost is the same as the mana cost which doesn't exist.

That card perplexes me. I'm not even sure what the benefit of it is for the person who plays it. I guess if the top 6 cards would harm the opponent if they played them?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
That lotus is hot garbage.
if you can get to discard allure plus this,, you can get some really nice shenanigans
View attachment 240324

ronne ronne Visions and Wheel don't have mana costs so you can't play them. They have "converted man's costs" but that's something entirely different.

This card will probably get banned somewhere, you can mill yourself with grinding station make almost inf Mana with a mox. Go Ham with LED amoung other things.

It's also easy to grape shot with this in modern since you can just grape shot multiple times.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
God damn I can't listen to anymore casual fucks talk about how the lotus is "OP" and "edh staple"

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Unfortunately, all that's left are casual fucks. The magical clusterfuck of OP changes and breaking every format for various lengths of time over the last 2 years has done a number on the grinder population.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
On the front page of eBay they're showing me preorders for 90 with free shipping. Can stores even make money at that price? I'm not sure I could find boxes for under 100 at any physical store within driving distance let alone shipped to my house for free.

Sterling

El Presidente
On the front page of eBay they're showing me preorders for 90 with free shipping. Can stores even make money at that price? I'm not sure I could find boxes for under 100 at any physical store within driving distance let alone shipped to my house for free.
Wholesale for stores is like 78-80 dollars depending on if you get them direct or use a distributor, so 90 dollar boxes are dogshit for margins.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
ronne ronne Visions and Wheel don't have mana costs so you can't play them. They have "converted man's costs" but that's something entirely different.

This card will probably get banned somewhere, you can mill yourself with grinding station make almost inf Mana with a mox. Go Ham with LED amoung other things.

It's also easy to grape shot with this in modern since you can just grape shot multiple times.

Yea that card is gonna assfuck old formats. It does similar things in legacy with LED/brain freeze.

And yea the added cost tacked on by totally-not-yawgmoths-will still doesn't give it a valid mana cost to play looks like.

Vinen

God is dead
because they are both expensive hard to get cards.

Ohh I see. I'm only missing Power 9 (ignoring Time Twister) and Mishra Workshop for retarded expensive cards between Unlimited and Revisied. I'm not getting anywhere near Alpha, Beta (outside of the playset of MP/HP Beta lands I use for my decks).