MTG thread

Sterling

El Presidente
Ohh I see. I'm only missing Power 9 (ignoring Time Twister) and Mishra Workshop for retarded expensive cards between Unlimited and Revisied. I'm not getting anywhere near Alpha, Beta (outside of the playset of MP/HP Beta lands I use for my decks).
Beta duals?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The truest deck pimping is the pimping your opponents are too plebian to realize is occurring.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Interesting that almost all big losers are Planeswalkers... (even excluding the stupid stained glass versions)
Because they almost always have a bunch of hype when released and then people realize most of them are fringe at best.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Stain glass Planeswalker has an arbitrary price of $100 placed in them no one actually bought them for $100.

Secret lair was print to order.

• 1Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Looking at those lists makes me cry with all the shit I used to have and traded away. But, then I remember what I gave for my Drop of Honey, Ernham Djinn, etc and it's not *as* painful. But still, who knew Magic would continue on this long or be as popular?

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yep, that's why I don't feel bad about any past trades/sell-offs. Magic *should* have killed itself by now, they've tried pretty hard several times. Fortunately or unfortunately, being the 80 ton gorilla in the industry gets you a lot of leeway for your fuckups. The ability for Magic to be many things to many different types of people makes it hard to kill, but that wasn't nearly as apparent a decade ago when everyone was just playing Standard or 60 card casual most weeks, with the random extended tournaments when a qualifier season came up.

Vinen

God is dead
Yep, that's why I don't feel bad about any past trades/sell-offs. Magic *should* have killed itself by now, they've tried pretty hard several times. Fortunately or unfortunately, being the 80 ton gorilla in the industry gets you a lot of leeway for your fuckups. The ability for Magic to be many things to many different types of people makes it hard to kill, but that wasn't nearly as apparent a decade ago when everyone was just playing Standard or 60 card casual most weeks, with the random extended tournaments when a qualifier season came up.

EDH has given the came legs again. Letting people play with fun cards from their childhood is important. Even if it is a casual constructed format.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Went 4-0 at a pioneer FNM and won $45 in store credit with mono black agro.

For a $5 buy in and playing agaisnt total trash cans for four rounds I can't think of a better way to buy more cards.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
you played the best deck in the format and won? shocker, you're a spike I take it?

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Mono black agro plays like black was meant to be played. Killing your shit, and creatures coming from the graveyard over and over

• 1Like