MTG thread

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
They are doing a nice job of fucking up with arena recently too.

Making brawl a Weds only thing, overpriced events, Historic being shit, still no player draft pods, and other shit.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Oko is powerful but ultimately fine in the context of modern. Sure he dominates board states, but this is a format where you can just die on turn 3 to a variety of decks.

Ban Opal and Astrolabe and give it a few months to see what shakes out.

Sterling

El Presidente
Oko is powerful but ultimately fine in the context of modern. Sure he dominates board states, but this is a format where you can just die on turn 3 to a variety of decks.

Ban Opal and Astrolabe and give it a few months to see what shakes out.
Yeah, I have no idea how Mox Opal hasn't been banned yet. So many busted artifact decks over the years.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The problem with oko is that it negates a lot of what the opponent does, and the "tradeoff' is not significant enough.

maybe a 5/5 trample that your opponent gets, and you get a vanilla 3/3 if you target your own stuff. Or we both get 5/5 but mine cant attack. Now we are talking.

yeah I get rid of your card text but I give you a 5/5 trample instead. Anyways there are probably 10 different ways of making oko's design idea without being implemented retardedly.

Batterskull was the king of retarded designs when they added the return to hand; without it was balanced.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ban all cards printed in Khans of Tarkir forward and we can go back to sweet Thundermaw Hellkite Jeskai Control Modern

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ban Oko, Summoner's Pact, OUaT, and Veil of Summer. Unban looting.

Enjoy your Urza format?

Opal and Astrolabe are problem number one. Eject both of those, probably even once upon because it's just a mistake in general, see where things shake out.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
I want opal banned but I think they will treat it as a pillar of the format and it won't ever go until it's truly format warping.

• 1Pants on Fire!
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't know, I think the meta should change up quite a bit once Modern Horizons 2 comes out. Following in the footsteps of the original this new set will again expand upon older mechanics without the constraints that needing to exist in a Standard environment places on card design. This time around look for fresh takes on Phyrexian mana, the untap lands "free" mechanic from Urza's block as well as "protection from chosen player."

I'd make a joke about Affinity but they already made Emry of the Loch for some reason.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I don't know, I think the meta should change up quite a bit once Modern Horizons 2 comes out. Following in the footsteps of the original this new set will again expand upon older mechanics without the constraints that needing to exist in a Standard environment places on card design. This time around look for fresh takes on Phyrexian mana, the untap lands "free" mechanic from Urza's block as well as "protection from chosen player."

I'd make a joke about Affinity but they already made Emry of the Loch for some reason.

With pioneer around they might just print more power into modern and make it legacy light and go that route

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Going to be a few people getting some angry tweets sent their way over claims Mox Opal was the safest card in Modern because of its price tag.