MTG thread

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Looked a lot worse initially. I got a bunch of shit stacked on it now, but most of the bubbling on the edges has gone away (little bit still on the back). Hope he enjoys that card, though, 'cause it's probably still hosed for any kind of reselling.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
TCGplayer

No, shop around. I use the 4 below + Ebay, even for new stuff. A lot of stores have an Ebay presence. Everyone charges tax these days, so just add price + shipping when comparing.

Gamenerdz is hard to beat for new stuff, esp as they have free shipping at $75+. TCGplayer is my go-to for singles. Cardkingdom is a decent backup. Sometimes one of them will be stupid on prices while the other is good, just various. And again, don't discount Ebay - I've yet to have a bad experience buying there - knock on wood.

If anyone has alternate sites I'd love to know as well.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Holy jesus

1578504902661.png

1578504827010.png

WTF green WTF.
2/3 for 2 mana.... and

As a black player im very jelly

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Amusing that it probably cost GG on initial design to "cost" the power, but then "Wait devotion set fuck"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oh completely random question - anyone have a brand of penny sleeves they swear by? I'm about to run out of my old stock, which I love, but I haven't a clue what brand they were.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Oh completely random question - anyone have a brand of penny sleeves they swear by? I'm about to run out of my old stock, which I love, but I haven't a clue what brand they were.

Do you want Penny Sleeves for storage or to play with? Because if you want legit penny sleeves then anything will work they are penny sleeves but I use ultrapro its the most common out there chances are that's what you had.

If you want to play with "inners" then I swear by dragon shields.

I recently switched to Dragon shield Seal-able Inners and I think they are awesome, They have a flap that tucks in and gives you 4 side protection and fit great inside normal dragonshields.

It will double the size of your deck and will feel "puffy" for a bit but after a few games the air lets out and you are set.

1578514169269.png

• 1Like

Vinen

God is dead
I buy those Dragonshield sleeves by the hundreds. Take a little to get used to at first but now I can sleeve just slightly slower than I'd sleeve a normal top or side loading sleeve.

Sterling

El Presidente
Inner sleeves for double sleeving have a few different good ones. KMC also are very good. As for normal sleeves everyone has their favorite brands and it depends on what you want. KMC matte sleeves or their normal non metallic sleeves are my favorites, but Dragonshield and Katana are also excellent.

Vinen

God is dead
Inner sleeves for double sleeving have a few different good ones. KMC also are very good. As for normal sleeves everyone has their favorite brands and it depends on what you want. KMC matte sleeves or their normal non metallic sleeves are my favorites, but Dragonshield and Katana are also excellent.
The pros near me swear by Katana. I prefer Dragonshield because the inner sleeves fit perfectly into them.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I love the dragon shield sealable inners, they’re fucking awesome (too bad Keranos wasn’t in one herp). I prefer matte Dragonshields for regular sleeves too. Husband prefers Katanas. Neither of us are a fan of UP; they’re too short IMO and my cards always pop out of the top.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Amusing that it probably cost GG on initial design to "cost" the power, but then "Wait devotion set fuck"

There's zero reason for that extra point of toughness. I wish they'd fucking learn. If Deathrite had been a 1/1 it would still be legal, and goblins wouldn't have died a terrible death.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
If you want maximum protection for your cards than dragon shield sealable inners are the only choice for inners.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I want to say that 2019 was the worst year for magic as a game in a very very long time.

Hasbro may if made that Arena money but the game is seriously unfun outside of pioneer.

I lesser card game would of died if it had the year MTG did.

Between the glut of product being pushed down our throats, the crazy high power level of pushed cards that they included in said product combined with the slow response time to ban said powerful cards has really made standard and Modern very unfun at the moment.

Hogaak,Oko,KCI,OUAT W6 astrolabe all tore apart respective formats down to fucking legacy.

Banning faithless looting obliterated an entire archetype and let decks it was strong agaisnt (Urza) to take over the format. Oko is now the most played card in Modern.

Nothing less of an acknowledgement from WoTC that they fucked up royally this year in spite of the short term monetary gain they received by scamming people looking for full art Okos and OUAT or alt art cat cards that curl out of the box.

Ok Rant over.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I am a fan of KCI decks, Oko can DIAF. I like hoogak but fuck is he overpowered, like Sullivan says, dredge decks don't play magic.

W6 energizes in a ridiculous way with fetch lands and wastelands.

I spent more money last year ($300) in magic that I ever spend in the last decade. Magic Arena is the way of the future for me. Low cost and i get all the cards.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I am a fan of KCI decks, Oko can DIAF. I like hoogak but fuck is he overpowered, like Sullivan says, dredge decks don't play magic.

W6 energizes in a ridiculous way with fetch lands and wastelands.

I spent more money last year ($300) in magic that I ever spend in the last decade. Magic Arena is the way of the future for me. Low cost and i get all the cards.

Arena is the way of the future if they didn't put the bare minimum into making the game better outside of adding cosmetics.

Shit needs Pioneer stat standard is NEVER good.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The only card among the busted ones I'm bothered by much is Oko, because PWs are dumb. The rest don't bug me. Even W6 is whatever, I prefer when they fix mistakes by printing counter cards than just banning shit.

Then again I'm also the guy who wants full power jund with DRS and W6 together. Shame we haven't seen that abomination. Bring it on.

• 1Like