MTG thread

Sterling

El Presidente
At a FNM I'd totally run that shit. Small stakes big hilarity if the gods of variance are on your side that evening.
I mean in constructed you'll win some games with it even if it's not optimal at all. But he specifically linked a limited set review. You cast that in limited and you'll lose the game a very large percentage of the time.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I mean in constructed you'll win some games with it even if it's not optimal at all. But he specifically linked a limited set review. You cast that in limited and you'll lose the game a very large percentage of the time.

Yeah, we're not saying the same things. FNM is like twenty bucks for an evening of amusement and in that environment I've got zero problems with the pick 13 rare unplayables.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, we're not saying the same things. FNM is like twenty bucks for an evening of amusement and in that environment I've got zero problems with the pick 13 rare unplayables.
I mean sure. Low stakes and all that. You could also play 15 7 drops in your draft deck to a similar effect.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Im a Big fan of maximizing hilarity. I’m the guy who plays hive mind on EDH on 4 player game against his friends.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Also you guys are super serious all the time.
Astro and I are spicelords (thanks for that word lsv)

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I understand kitchen table magic /Commander is the "most popular" type of magic out there but i just can't get into it.

If I had the option of playing Commander or not playing at all I'd just not play.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
1579377344326.png

oh my god it is happening.gif

• 1Blown
  • 1Worf

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
i lost the first game, didnt get to play it =( it was in my hand but i discarded it to my own demon.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I did it.... the guy did nothing....
free draw 5. He put it exile but never casted it.

I did it again, it is not that bad to be honest.

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So to continue from the gamergate thread. Pulled my shit out of hte box and went through it. Found like 4 bayous on the first go through. I don't remember buying most of these cards.
Had some spellfire cards (some AD&D ccg?) and spelljammer cards (from boxed set?)
1580351448503.png

• 2Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Doggo just learned his owner is a NERD
Oh he is well aware. Amazingly enough I had a GF at time (now wife). Not sure how that worked out. Skipped nooky time to hit the local comic shop and play MTG all night. Wife would call and owner would look at me/friends and we'd all shake our heads no so he'd give hte 'ol "uhhhhhhh nope haven't seen him". No cell phones was good times.

Sterling

El Presidente
So many CCGs back then. Spellfire did predate Magic though. I tried so many of those games and almost all of them were so bad. Overpower, Middle Earth, Star Wars, Star Trek, Wyvern, Jyhad, etc.