MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Probably going to end up preordering a case of Ikoria from the local store instead of getting singles online, on account of them getting the deep dickin from Corona-chan.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Probably going to end up preordering a case of Ikoria from the local store instead of getting singles online, on account of them getting the deep dickin from Corona-chan.
Yeah it's pretty shitty. Just about anyone in a retail or service industry is going to get hit pretty bad.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
One store is open, one shut down for 2 weeks, one canceled all weekly events and cutoff free boardgame access, seperated all the tables and made a protocol list for mtg (cut your own deck, 1 roll only even odd, no handshaking, lands come from sterilized packs)

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've taken this opportunity to troll the fuck outta some vendors on TCG, to alleviate boredom, and stock up on shit I don't actually need. But the Collector is strong in me.

Mind your prices people!

OneofOne

Mystery Booster boxes still selling out at $150-$160. Slower, but doing so. Crazy. Not pushing down prices of OG prints enough yet though.

Also, anyone have exp with cardsphere.com? Was looking at it last night, but not sure if worth the effort for smaller/mass cards, or decent % off bigger cards.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Have they released any info on what exactly pre-release at home is? Seen it mentioned but that’s it. Also wonder what happens if pre-release comes around and our LGS is still mandated closed.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Have they released any info on what exactly pre-release at home is? Seen it mentioned but that’s it. Also wonder what happens if pre-release comes around and our LGS is still mandated closed.
Basically just letting you buy prerelease kits from the stores (and their 2 prize packs if your store isn't shitter)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oof, Alliance/Diamond distributors down, GW shutting down. Starting to think *no* game stores survive this, and we're in for a wave of shitty new stores run by potheads this fall.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Let the game shop hunger games begin. Who shall survive losing the biggest money bump of the quarter (pre-release/release weekends for the mainline set), and who shall fall.

isn't that right around when secret lair via lgs is supposed to happen? seems like a shit show should delay

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
speaking of secret lair, just a got a box today in the mail, empty box just an invoice and usps package says "damaged" on it, someone fucking stole my lair box.

Last edited:
  • 3Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

OneofOne

I'm shocked they would do right by LGSs all of a sudden. But good for them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ikoria for Asia/Pacific releasing a week early on April 17th.
Ikoria for North America and Europe delayed until May 15th.

This is going to be a hilarious 4 weeks of ebay gouging.

• 2Worf
  • 2Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Will also be really interesting to see what happens to ikoria prices when it's seeing competitive play for 4 weeks online before it physically releases in the major markets.