MTG thread

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The Godzilla thing is fine for the nerds that want that kind of Khorum.

Can't say I'm happy you can pull cards out of standard product with Godzilla, 2020 cities, and fighter jets.

I'm all about fun products like their pedo-as-shit My Little Pony card set, or the OMG Kitties Secret Lair, but I'm worried this is opening up something we won't like.

Maybe I need to pull the stick outta my ass, but I'm just not on board with this shit yet.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Death Corona, be funny if they changed the name in future prints, arena it's going to be changed apparently

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
How fucking stupid do you have to be as a company to change something due to casual verbal coincidence. As if corona doesn't have other meanings or uses.

To reiterate: WOTC are fucking retards for making this decision.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
So for 6 you can:

A) Give a creature Flying/Trample and trigger the ability.

B) Keep the abilities and +1/+1 counters from a creature but now it's 6/6 base plus Flying/Trample and trigger the ability.

Or for 5 you can:

C) Have a 6/6 Flying/Trample.

That's a lot of options. I wonder if it's only high cost cards which do that? I saw lower cost cards which just gave Ability tokens, which I guess are basically enchantments.

OneofOne

They have put a bunch of cycling cards cards in for maximum flexibility. So, pay 9 for a giant stompy, or cycle it for 2 to give something a trample counter. Power is ramping up too fast as per usual (gotta sell those boxes!!!111!), but this set seems all about flexibility and choices - as advertised - build your own monsters.

OneofOne

grimdancer.PNG
trample.PNG

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Cycling and flexible play options for the creatures gives this a pretty good chance at being a sweet limited environment

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Set looks like it was designed for MTGA

I agree: a bunch of “pain in the ass” mechanics you have to memorize and use multiple types of counters. Much easier for a computer to do it for you

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Another spoiler season, another time for derps to call for "OP" cards to be banned and jank rares to be good cards. lol