MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It won't shock me to see things drop a lot. No one should look at this as anything other than a sunk cost for fun, and I say that as someone with a shitload of money tied up in beta power, duals and random old shit. Don't treat it as "wealth", don't play nerd stocks. It's a grown up hobby like 3d printing, expensive sound equipment, classic cars, buying a boat, whatever. If you can't afford to lose it, don't spend it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, at least now we know why the set's releasing on time in Japan.
OhNo.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Internet theory I read is that they are just special alt-art versions for the box toppers. If you look at the Godzilla, it also says below that 'Titanote Rex' and lists that same name in the card text. So w/e Titanote Rex translates to is the actual Oracle text card, this is just an official re-painting of it.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For the Rudy non-haters, looks like he's closing down memberships in less than 48 hours, for good. No new tier. I said fuck it and joined. I realized I've watched every vid he's made in the last 4 months, so I might as well, regardless if I purchase much. I finally signed up for Tim Pool as well (though not through Patreon, fortunately). Turning over a new leaf this year, trying to stop being (as much of) a cheap ass.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hopped on the Rudy train, too. Figure if our LGS goes tits up thanks to shut down shit, can at least get in on those $79.99 boxes. Always enjoy the videos (and the tacos), too.

• 1Like

Vinen

God is dead
It won't shock me to see things drop a lot. No one should look at this as anything other than a sunk cost for fun, and I say that as someone with a shitload of money tied up in beta power, duals and random old shit. Don't treat it as "wealth", don't play nerd stocks. It's a grown up hobby like 3d printing, expensive sound equipment, classic cars, buying a boat, whatever. If you can't afford to lose it, don't spend it.

So true. I have 6/9 Power 9 right now (Unlimited). Still need my Black Lotus, Mox Ruby and Time Warp. Waiting for prices to tank even more then want to grab some graded. Have a custom 3x3 display for holding graded cards I want a full set of Power 9 for.

OneofOne

I cannot tell if we're being trolled or not... but I've now seen multiple different "Godzila" versions of Ikoria cards. Supposedly you have normal cards, alternate art/full art cards, and the Godzilla version of the card, with the real card name under the Gozilla version. So the card above is a version of Zilortha, Strength Incarnate.

I'm so WTF here.

OneofOne

YT trailer + more cards ^^ And more cards below. Dunno the best single source for all cards.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Be funny if it was a set where no card cost less than 3 cmc
That'd be awful. The total gimmick sets like that are generally pretty bad. Alara Reborn being all multicolored and Legion being all creatures were both pretty shit on the whole.

The Godzilla thing is fine for the nerds that want that kind of shit.