MTG thread

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Downloaded MTG Arena. Did the tutorial, then did the color wheel challenge (4 intro battles then 1 against a player, for each color). I started.playing regular people with the green/red deck they give you or the blue. Seems fun so far. Not spending any money yet.

Someone tell me why I wouldnt want to play this? Is the money sink more/less than the physical game?

For me, I struggle to play because I know I could be really good, but I struggle to spend the time to actually get my ranking up to where I "should" be heh.

That and I've found I enjoy drafting so much more than constructed that I get real bummed out when I run out of gems (only let myself drop $20-$50 every three months at expansion release, depending how excited I am about the set)

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
FA50C019-3271-4587-812D-FB6D0502AF38.jpeg

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Dumbass questions incoming.

What set should I be getting packs from?

What's the release cadence like?

- Should be a summation of all codes for free shit that works (1 or 3 he gives don't work anymore). Also, you may wish to try entering them both all caps, and the way he shows them on screen, for any that don't work.

OneofOne

"How can you get each of these? Great and relevant question—thanks for asking.

To start with, make any purchase or buy any event entry (including store-run online events), and you can receive the Reliquary Tower (limit one per customer).

If you really want to show your love to your local game store, purchase a box of any product—including Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths or Mystery Booster—and you'll receive possibly the coolest Buy-a-Box promo we've ever done—a Hangarback Walker with the Mechagodzilla treatment. These are not limited to one per customer."

mecha.PNG

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
- Should be a summation of all codes for free shit that works (1 or 3 he gives don't work anymore). Also, you may wish to try entering them both all caps, and the way he shows them on screen, for any that don't work.

That cunt is a crayon eating oxygen thief.

Should have been mechagodzilla as the Ikoria buy a box promo from the get go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

^^ New Masters set AND it's version of Collector's Boosters (because, of course)

So for further 2020 releases that brings us up to:

Core 2021
JumpStart
Zendikar Rising
Commander Legends
Double Masters

5x Core 2021 Planeswalker decks
Commander Green (which might as well be called Secret Lair Commander Green - it's 8 cards)
2x Zendikar Rising Commander decks with new cards
2x Commander Legends Commander decks with new cards
At least 2 more Secret Lairs (but let's be real, it'll be more)

And of course M21 is going to have Collector's Boosters as well, which... I mean, damn, the fatigue is real.

Wizards says the massive wave of products is ok because they're aimed at different players but, is that really true? JumpStart's going to show us I suppose. Either way, good year to be a EDH player.

And as an amusing aside, it's looking like far more morons than I originally thought actually bought that Corona Godzilla card at HIGHLY inflated prices. It's selling for $18/$35 on TCG, and people legit pre-bought those at $400-$500. Many many more bought them in the $100-$300 range. Truly insane. Wish I had sold into that - my booster box boxtopper was a foil one.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
And as an amusing aside, it's looking like far more morons than I originally thought actually bought that Corona Godzilla card at HIGHLY inflated prices. It's selling for $18/$35 on TCG, and people legit pre-bought those at $400-$500. Many many more bought them in the $100-$300 range. Truly insane. Wish I had sold into that - my booster box boxtopper was a foil one.
I was watching Rudy when he opened the box, and it was immediately "wait, is this an uncommon???"

Which it was. I think everyone focused on "Death Corona", and in their mind, it was obviously going to be a mythic card or something.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist

^^ New Masters set AND it's version of Collector's Boosters (because, of course)

So for further 2020 releases that brings us up to:

Core 2021
JumpStart
Zendikar Rising
Commander Legends
Double Masters

5x Core 2021 Planeswalker decks
Commander Green (which might as well be called Secret Lair Commander Green - it's 8 cards)
2x Zendikar Rising Commander decks with new cards
2x Commander Legends Commander decks with new cards
At least 2 more Secret Lairs (but let's be real, it'll be more)

And of course M21 is going to have Collector's Boosters as well, which... I mean, damn, the fatigue is real.

Wizards says the massive wave of products is ok because they're aimed at different players but, is that really true? JumpStart's going to show us I suppose. Either way, good year to be a EDH player.

But we still can’t actually get the 2020 commander product since their supply chain collectively shit and bled all over the bed.

OneofOne

But we still can’t actually get the 2020 commander product since their supply chain collectively shit and bled all over the bed.

"Pfft, that's YOUR problem if you can't get the cards you paid for. Just give us money, bitch." - Theros Stargazing SL

'Course the flip side to that is watching Amazon restock Timeless Wisdom decks, what, 6x so far? and get bought out each time in under an hour.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider

Also got retards thinking this will have insane value in the future, because "misprint" and "Corona"

Card is going to have no demand, because the Corona novelty is going to wear off, going to be a bunch of them out there and the misprint community doesn't give very much fucks about it.

On the commander decks I saw plenty of them at a few different Walmarts in town, besides that timeless wisdom one. Was sold out at each store, even one where it looked like none of the other decks had even been purchased yet.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I like how they didn't even wait for the free Mystery Boosters to actually *get* to the Stores to be sold before announcing this product. It's like they wanted to make sure players knew "Hey, there's a product we're putting out that the store only gets 10-20% margin on, you should save for that instead of the silly pure-profit-margin product the store is selling soon!"

OneofOne

If anyone wants a site with some boxes of Modern Horizons at $175 out the door (shipping included/no tax), PM me. Not vouching for them, but I have had some successful purchases.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Everybody excited for core set spoilers starting on the 4th?

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Everybody excited for core set spoilers starting on the 4th?

Core Set was actually pretty fun last year, they printed a bunch of different really fun enablers for decks that were almost strong enough to contend. Playing Sorin Vampires was fun for a week or two before Scapeshift fully took over haha

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Field of the Dead
Lotus Field
Golos
Mystic Forge
Agent of Treachery
Veil of Summer

Between the last Core Set and Ikoria jumping the shark typhoon, I'm interested to see what kind of nonsense they come up with next. Just keep slapping text on there, it'll be fine!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Going to be very hard to beat the companion bullshit.

Still, I have faith.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, some of the """""leaks""""" for core set stuff coming up also include the companion rule change they're ostensibly testing. Instead of just casting the Companion from your Sideboard, you pay 3 as a Sorcery to put the Companion into your Hand from the Sideboard. Which probably ends up being the same thing as removing the Companion Rule, but that's how errata ends up in most games.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users