MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It takes two black lotuses to cast a craw wurm, so craw wurm is as good as two black lotuses. That's just basic maths.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Back in the day, I remember seeing some comic strip in the back of a CCG magazine entitled “How to make money playing Magic”

#3) Teach Bill Gates to play

“Wow this game is awesome! I’ll give you .3% of Microsoft for your Lord of The Pit!”

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Public service announcement - the 6 pack blisters of BB on Amazon are at $17.50 right now.

OneofOne

Back to $22.62. Guess it was a one night deal unfortunately.

Really have to wonder if this is just a large backstock Amazon's been sitting on, or is WOTC still printing this shit, as an experiment. Unlikely, but one wonders.

OneofOne

Looks like Walmart has these at the same $22.62 price, and someone mentioned they too went to $17.50 last night. Can't say true or not, and I've never purchased from Walmart so can't comment on repacks/returns/etc.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For all the bitching about AoTreachery, not one of those decks in the week 1 breakdown hard casts it. It's all about cheating it out t4-6 with something else. I'll grant you, its a crazy card, but if it gets axed, any other crazy body will fill that same slot just as well; getting cheated out instead.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
For all the bitching about AoTreachery, not one of those decks in the week 1 breakdown hard casts it. It's all about cheating it out t4-6 with something else. I'll grant you, its a crazy card, but if it gets axed, any other crazy body will fill that same slot just as well; getting cheated out instead.

It isn't just about it getting cheated out. It gets cheated out AND it neutralizes your best threat AND it turns it against you. It is the definition of a card that should never have been made.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its a steal effect on a middling body for 7 mana. in a vacuum, its fine. hell, the fact that its not 1/1 AND it has a 2nd ability shows it went through several "are we seriously printing this card this bad?" rounds internally.

But yeh, if your argument was "well, they shoulda known about all the cheat effects!" then I can't argue with you there.

but as a critter, it's mostly fine. cost is higher than normal, but also doesn't have a "as long as you control X" clause or a limiter on what you can steal. Throughout the sets, most of the other blue steal effect on a body are more limited but also much cheaper.

Rime

<Donor>
Irrelevant? It was used popularly in the new Simic ramp decks as an endgame win-more/swing condition. That plus Thassa was AIDS. Little did we know, Winota would upgrade it to SUPER AIDS.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This feels like the appropriate place for a flippant "we get it, you don't like blue" j/k

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Complaining about Agent of Treachery just shows a lack of understanding of what is actually happening to standard.

The issue is not Agent of Treachery. Or Cavalier of Flames. Or Kenrith.

The issue is Wilderness Reclamation. And Fires of Invention. And Growth Spiral and hexproof mana bears and lotus field whatever that wolf-overgrowth thing is.

The issue is Hydroid Krasis having a cast trigger instead of an ETB.

The issue is battle-cruiser style magic that WOTC has been pushing for years because it makes the drooling retards at their lauded "kitchen table" and commander playgroups happy.

It's killing the game and it makes me real sad.

• 1Like

OneofOne

Apparently today is the day Godzilla lands are on sale. Won't be partaking, but enjoy if you are.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Complaining about Agent of Treachery just shows a lack of understanding of what is actually happening to standard.

The issue is not Agent of Treachery. Or Cavalier of Flames. Or Kenrith.

The issue is Wilderness Reclamation. And Fires of Invention. And Growth Spiral and hexproof mana bears and lotus field whatever that wolf-overgrowth thing is.

The issue is Hydroid Krasis having a cast trigger instead of an ETB.

The issue is battle-cruiser style magic that WOTC has been pushing for years because it makes the drooling retards at their lauded "kitchen table" and commander playgroups happy.

It's killing the game and it makes me real sad.
Legends of Runeterra is excellent.

It's time to let MTG go, it's been SJW infested for an long time now.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Legends of Runeterra is excellent.

It's time to let MTG go, it's been SJW infested for an long time now.

your shitty replica won't be a safe harbor, it's also run by a front company for a CCP state company, hard pass.