MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They're basically Collector Boosters for a micro set with no commons.

IDK.

Haha no, this is the Collector Booster for this product:

$240.75
  • 12 Collector Boosters
  • 6 cards + 1 foil token per booster
  • 4 cards of rarity Rare or higher in every pack
  • 5–6 foil cards in every pack
As a reminder, normal CBs have 15 cards + 1 foil token.

I realize you who focuses on Arena instead of physical cards, and thus presumably no "collecting", doesn't give a shit. I show this for people who still do buy physical cards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The absolute state of current era Magic. The saddest part is this card is probably 100% real and is of actual lower quality than most custom printed proxies these days

20221226_114540.jpg
20221226_113820.jpg
20221226_113918.jpg

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Shit dude, that looks GOOD compared to a lot of the shit coming out these days. Whoever is cutting the cards is doing a horrible job - they are jagged as fuck and it's too damn common to find cards out of the pack already peeling a touch at the edges. That's not JUST out of Texas, but Japan as well. Belgium still seems to be the best printer.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I really don't think it's real either, but it's from TCG direct on a big time seller so convincing them of that is gonna be fun
Those dots on the printing look all wrong, and combined with the miscut corners, that adds up to, as the kids say, hella sus.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
How viable would it be to play tournaments with proxies now?

Still possible to get some good shit from China?

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How viable would it be to play tournaments with proxies now?

Still possible to get some good shit from China?
If you get good proxies the odds of you being 'discovered' are almost 0 assuming you never give anyone (judges, etc.) a reason to de-sleeve your deck.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Don't try and proxy most of the big money legacy cards as the curmudgeonly old legacy fags are the most likely to notice immediately and call you on it.

You could probably play any amount of modern events you want to with proxies and no one would notice much less care.

rad

Lord of Guk
Those dots on the printing look all wrong, and combined with the miscut corners, that adds up to, as the kids say, hella sus.

If I remember correctly the print QC was really really bad. I have a few MH2 fetches, they all look like shit.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I've picked up a few free wins calling out people's counterfeits, having extra food time is great.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah but if the edges get random enough then the problem is solved right? Should average out eventually?

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
TCGplayer verified the card is "real" and that it's just "print locale variance".

They refunded me anyway, so now I get to gamble again on ordering the 4th one for the playset and hope I get one that looks like the other 3 lol

This game is so fucked

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Picked up MTGA again recently after quitting a few years ago. What is a good site to go to for netdecks and are there any viable mono red aggro decks right now? I liked those in the past for quick wins in arena.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Picked up MTGA again recently after quitting a few years ago. What is a good site to go to for netdecks and are there any viable mono red aggro decks right now? I liked those in the past for quick wins in arena.
Try YouTube

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
The story is so fucking dumb, it's a world building disaster.

I loved Invasion and loved Mirrodin and loved New Phyrexia... what the fuck is this?

It's just another Californian capeshit endgame disaster, New Phyrexia has infinite forces to invade infinite planes and has instantly taken over a bunch of no name planes?

Why can't they invade one plane at a time and be a threat over a long period of time like they used to be?

Now they have to be utterly wiped out and maybe even reset time or something, that's the opposite of worldbuilding when a faction is so powerful that they have to go away.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
MTGAZone, Channel Fireball, MTGGoldfish, Reddit (r/spikes is mostly for high end MTG strategy / deck building discussion)

• 1Like