MTG thread

Lusiphur

Peasant
Not planning to buy any sealed BOTG product unless I go to a prerelease. I know this gets said every time, but I'm very underwhelmed. I'll just buy a common/uncommon playset and then cherry pick rares.
To be fair HT, there was plenty excitement in here for the Theros reveal and the rares were tickling people's fancy. The effect on Standard was not apparent until players got ahold of the set.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not planning to buy any sealed BOTG product unless I go to a prerelease. I know this gets said every time, but I'm very underwhelmed. I'll just buy a common/uncommon playset and then cherry pick rares.
Exactly what I do. I pre-ordered a playset of U and C from my local shop for $25.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Me and my game group are doing our own BNG opening day on the 8th. 8 people, 8 fat packs, we are going to do a booster draft, a mini masters and a 2 headed giant draft.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I redeemed myself a little bit today (after punting in the T8 of the Super IQ last week) and won an IQ here in town. This win puts me in the top 100 of the Player Championship points race (once the points update).

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Nice! I actually ended up unable to attend the GPT yesterday due to other commitments. I did manage to rack up some decent store credit towards legacy by selling some modeling stuff to the 40k crowd though.

I'm seriously thinking about starting to shop for a Tabernacle. I really like the legacy smallpox list, and its a pretty safe buy.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm randomly watching SCG Open Baltimore on Twitch. This Lands deck making the finals is some awesome shit. I support any deck that runs Manabond.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Lands is a neat archetype. I definitely like the smallpox version better but I do understand the reasoning behind this one too. And oh my god is it an expensive deck.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I thought lands was fun back when in first made the rounds years ago. I can only imagine what kind of nonsense lands has access to now. Pretty much true of all deck types though I guess :p

This was posted on Reddit, but figured I'd post it here. For the pre-release this seems like a pretty decent combo, and if you have a heroic creature you're now in magical christmas land: [BNG] How I plan on winning pre-release - Imgur
Isn't that basically the point of that creature? When I saw it I thought 'oh, bouncey enchantments, that could be useful' and I'm way out of the loop anymore.

Algiz

N00b
That serpent-card drawing thing is cute, but it might not be as dominant as that picture wants it to be. Living the dream of bouncing Raised by Wolves on your Heroic Dude is negated by the queasy feeling induced by the thought of recasting Eternity Snare every turn. Plus a 4/4 on its own just isn't as dominant as it used to be.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Prerelases are sealed deck...
And Underworld Connections (and other draw spells) can also show up too, though not as often. Basically it is twice as slow and twice as expensive and people were not winning prereleases just because they got an Underworld Connections. I got a Bident of Thassa for basically this effect on turn 3 and free awfterwards and didn't win though it did well.

It just costs too much for too little.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And Underworld Connections (and other draw spells) can also show up too, though not as often. Basically it is twice as slow and twice as expensive and people were not winning prereleases just because they got an Underworld Connections. I got a Bident of Thassa for basically this effect on turn 3 and free awfterwards and didn't win though it did well.

It just costs too much for too little.
Underworld Connections is in RTR.

So I bought the commander deck Evasive Maneuvers and after some research I am very very keen on flicker. What are some good card to add to this deck to take advantage ofhttp://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers...small&options=
According to Gatherer, there are over 700 Bant color creatures with "enters the battlefield" triggers. I think the deck already has Acidic Slime in it to destroy a permanent when you flicker. Duplicant is also pretty sweet to remove a creature. Sundering Titan blows up lands (will also blow up yours if you're not the same colors as your opponent). Prime Speaker Zenaga or Mulldrifter will let you draw a ton of cards. Myr Battlesphere can give you a bunch of dudes. Craterhoof Behemoth beefs up your dudes. The list of useful creatures is really limitless. But not every creature in this list has the appropriate trigger; some just add counters to themselves (which is sometimes pretty sweet i.e. Triskelion). And some have a drawback, which you would obviously want to avoid.

Here's a good start to whittle down from:Card Search - Search: +"Creature" - Gatherer - Magic: The Gathering