MTG thread

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Grumpus, my friends and I strictly play Commander currently. The Evasive Maneuvers deck is pretty strong on it's own, but in my experience struggles when it comes to actually winning. It's very defensive, and people will have a hard time attacking you with creatures. But, you're vulnerable to direct damage. If you plan on playing Commander, and like the idea of Flicker, you might think about using Roon of the Hidden Realm as your commander instead of what comes with the evasive maneuvers deck. Roon is white blue green, so fits perfectly into the evasive maneuvers deck.

Two of the guys that I play with regularly have converted their Evasive Maneuvers deck into Roon decks. They haven't won with those decks yet, but they're certainly annoying when they get a bunch of "when it enters/leaves the battlefield" stuff out and start flickering it. When I first started playing Commander, there was a guy running a Roon deck that my brother knew. He had Seedborn Muse in his deck, and something else that allowed him to flick target permanent back to it's owner's hand. Flicking permanents back to our hands, and untapping on each player's upkeep allowed him to completely control the game.

That said, I turned my Evasive Maneuvers deck into a Pheldagriff deck, though the deck is almost completely gutted. I used the lands, and some of the other enchantments and whatnot, but I'd say less than 1/3 of my current deck came from Evasive Maneuvers.Hippo Deck (Commander / EDH MTG Deck)

Edit: Whoops, didn't see you'd already found Roon. I'll check with my buddies and see if they've got either of their decks posted up on TappedOut.net

Edit 2:http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/searc...Filter+results

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
According to Gatherer, there are over 700 Bant color creatures with "enters the battlefield" triggers. I think the deck already has Acidic Slime in it to destroy a permanent when you flicker. Duplicant is also pretty sweet to remove a creature. Sundering Titan blows up lands (will also blow up yours if you're not the same colors as your opponent). Prime Speaker Zenaga or Mulldrifter will let you draw a ton of cards. Myr Battlesphere can give you a bunch of dudes. Craterhoof Behemoth beefs up your dudes. The list of useful creatures is really limitless. But not every creature in this list has the appropriate trigger; some just add counters to themselves (which is sometimes pretty sweet i.e. Triskelion). And some have a drawback, which you would obviously want to avoid.

Here's a good start to whittle down from:Card Search - Search: +"Creature" - Gatherer - Magic: The Gathering
tumblr_me4u2jgspu1qa0u78.gif

And thanks for the info Valorath! Evasive actually comes with Roon which is fucking baller. God I love EDH.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-card/phantom-nantuko/is basically unkillable with flicker right?

And I need a Venser ASAP

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Yea, Phantom Nantuko is pretty cool that way. Another card that I like even better than Phantom Nantuko is Spike Weaver. Prevents all combat damage that would be dealt that round, instead of just to the particular unit.

EDH is a lot of fun in big groups. I've played a few three man games, and didn't really enjoy them much. But, when you've got 8 people sitting around a table drinking beer and playing EDH, it's a lot of fun. Instead of getting together for beer pong or something like that, we get together and play EDH. A lot of times someone will start to get out of control, and the whole table will focus on bringing them back into check. We don't play infinite combos, and the guys who run high agro decks and try to win quickly usually get shut down hard. We play for fun. With 100 cards, and no duplicates, every time you run your deck it's going to play different. That's what makes it so fun, for me, anyhow.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
We usually play with 4 people. I like it because of the flow of it. 1 person builds up an army, gets focused on and whittled down. Then they are no longer a threat so you focus on the next person. Everyone takes turn getting there asses kicked. The guys I play with don't use infinite combo shit or anything, idk its just fun.

Just foundhttp://cdn.magicspoiler.com/wp-conte...os-Spoiler.jpgamong my cards for my flicker EDH deck. I want more stuff like that
smile.png

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I want more stuff like that
smile.png
Although I run a Junk (W,B, G) re-animator EDH deck I went a head and looked at artifact, white and green guys I run for ETB type effects. Check out:

Artifact (These 2 are pretty much auto includes in any EDH deck)
Solemn Simulacrum - Mana fixing/ramp
Duplicant - Exile removal on a stick
Wurmcoil Engine - Yes I know it doesn't have an ETB ability but this bitch is a house!

White
Stoneforge Mystic - Fetch Batterskull, Jitte, Skullclamp, any sword(Fire and Ice or Feast and Famine the best)
Sun Titan - Grab any dudes, fetch lands, wasteland/stripmine, equipment(see Stoneforge Mystic)

Green - The good shit. Sadly my boy Primeval Titan was banned. Fetching Urbord and Cabal coffers was so much win.
Riftsweeper - Super secret deck tech on this guy. You can take peoples general and shuffle them into their library. Insanely good.
Thragtusk - Beastmode
Eternal Witness - Get back anything you want from the GY. I use it on removal and tutors like Demonic Tutor
Acidic Slime - I think you already have this. Really good for hitting annoying enchantments (Back to basics), artifacts(Crucible of the world + stripmine gayness) and trouble lands(Volrath's Stronghold, maze of ith)
Hornet Queen - Come at me bro!

Edit: Looking through my izzet edh for blue I found:
Archaeomancer - probably not needed with green(eternal Witness) but good filler if you got the spots
Glen Elendra Archmage - Use once, flick to remove counter, repeat
Snapcaster Mage - Chan is the man. Insanely good especially since you should be running things like Brainstorm, Path to Exile, Swords to Plowshares, etc.
Trinket Mage - Fetches Top or Sol Ring 99% of the time but can get Skullclamp, Pithing Needle, Basilisk Collar(I use with red pingers so you probably wont have in), Brittle Effigy, Relic of Progenitus / Tomod/s Crypt) He is toolbox Magee!
Phyrexian Metamorph - I want that fatty. Now I want THAT fatty!, Now....
Mulldrifter - Card advantage in a can!

Quick search of multi-color creatures
Deputy of Acquittals - Shanagins son
Coiling Oracle - card advantage / ramp in one. Better then you think it would be.
Mystic Snake - One of my all time favorite cards. Now that I think of it, drop Glen Elendra and put the snake in there
smile.png

Armada Wurm - Penis worm beats! - Could be a sudo Wormcoil Engine
Harmonic Sliver - Fucking all-star. Now that I think of it, There is no reason why you shouldn't have Aura Shards in this deck. It is so good by itself but with you flickering, LOLZ
Kitchen Finks - Annoying turd / life gain if thats your thing.
Trostani, Selesnya's Voice - See Kitchen Finks

That should be plenty to get your juices flowing
smile.png

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Although I run a Junk (W,B, G) re-animator EDH deck I went a head and looked at artifact, white and green guys I run for ETB type effects. Check out:

Artifact (These 2 are pretty much auto includes in any EDH deck)
Solemn Simulacrum - Mana fixing/ramp
Duplicant - Exile removal on a stick
Wurmcoil Engine - Yes I know it doesn't have an ETB ability but this bitch is a house!

White
Stoneforge Mystic - Fetch Batterskull, Jitte, Skullclamp, any sword(Fire and Ice or Feast and Famine the best)
Sun Titan - Grab any dudes, fetch lands, wasteland/stripmine, equipment(see Stoneforge Mystic)

Green - The good shit. Sadly my boy Primeval Titan was banned. Fetching Urbord and Cabal coffers was so much win.
Riftsweeper - Super secret deck tech on this guy. You can take peoples general and shuffle them into their library. Insanely good.
Thragtusk - Beastmode
Eternal Witness - Get back anything you want from the GY. I use it on removal and tutors like Demonic Tutor
Acidic Slime - I think you already have this. Really good for hitting annoying enchantments (Back to basics), artifacts(Crucible of the world + stripmine gayness) and trouble lands(Volrath's Stronghold, maze of ith)
Hornet Queen - Come at me bro!

Edit: Looking through my izzet edh for blue I found:
Archaeomancer - probably not needed with green(eternal Witness) but good filler if you got the spots
Glen Elendra Archmage - Use once, flick to remove counter, repeat
Snapcaster Mage - Chan is the man. Insanely good especially since you should be running things like Brainstorm, Path to Exile, Swords to Plowshares, etc.
Trinket Mage - Fetches Top or Sol Ring 99% of the time but can get Skullclamp, Pithing Needle, Basilisk Collar(I use with red pingers so you probably wont have in), Brittle Effigy, Relic of Progenitus / Tomod/s Crypt) He is toolbox Magee!
Phyrexian Metamorph - I want that fatty. Now I want THAT fatty!, Now....
Mulldrifter - Card advantage in a can!

Quick search of multi-color creatures
Deputy of Acquittals - Shanagins son
Coiling Oracle - card advantage / ramp in one. Better then you think it would be.
Mystic Snake - One of my all time favorite cards. Now that I think of it, drop Glen Elendra and put the snake in there
smile.png

Armada Wurm - Penis worm beats! - Could be a sudo Wormcoil Engine
Harmonic Sliver - Fucking all-star. Now that I think of it, There is no reason why you shouldn't have Aura Shards in this deck. It is so good by itself but with you flickering, LOLZ
Kitchen Finks - Annoying turd / life gain if thats your thing.
Trostani, Selesnya's Voice - See Kitchen Finks

That should be plenty to get your juices flowing
smile.png
I want all those cards and I am currently between jobs. This game is a curse.

1045.gif

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I never understood the appeal of EDH. I've played it a few times, but I absolutely hate it.
It is a "for fun" format only, imo. It is entertaining to see crazy interactions sometimes, but the problem is you always end up with a mix of people with fun decks and super competitive ones. I generally only play it with people I know unless I am killing time at an event.

In other news, it looks like I'm pretty close to finishing RUG Delver for Legacy. I picked up 2 Volcanics, 3 Force of Will and some other legacy stuff for a Warmachine army. Puts me a couple of duals and Stifles away. Shouldn't be too hard to finish. I'd actually rather build Patriot, but I already have Tarmogoyfs, and Tropicals are a wee bit cheaper than Tundras right now.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Yea, Aura Shards is insane. My friends bought the two copies they had at our local card shop. Still waiting for another to show up. Also waiting to find a Seedborn Muse.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I posted my hippo deck earlier. My Ninja deck is here:Ninjas! (Commander / EDH MTG Deck)

I also have a somewhat modified Nature of the Beast commander deck, but don't have it up there.

Edit: Strossus, that's a pretty beast deck. Would probably wreck most of the decks my friends and I run.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Me and the two guys I got started playing on new years decided that we are going to go to the BNG pre-release on Friday night at midnight.

Never done one before obviously. I know I get 3 Theros boosters, 2 BNG and 1 seeded. What the best strat for this format? Pick the set with the best common's for my seeded pack? What should I expect?

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
Edit: Strossus, that's a pretty beast deck. Would probably wreck most of the decks my friends and I run.[/QUOTE]

I only play that in fun games with 4+ iys slower and needs about 7+ mana so start going so if i dont do much early on im safe

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Basically for sealed you sort by rarity see your best rares, and craft your deck around your bombs and removal. Making a synergistic deck is very difficult in sealed so you basically just pick the strongest cards available to you.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Basically for sealed you sort by rarity see your best rares, and craft your deck around your bombs and removal. Making a synergistic deck is very difficult in sealed so you basically just pick the strongest cards available to you.
This. Also a common thing people do when first trying out sealed is forcing too many colors because of one bomb rare / few cards. Unless the format is something like Shards/RtR try to stick to 2 colors with a 3rd splash at most. If your unfamiliar of "splashing" it usually consists of for example red cards that only have 1 red mana symbol in their cost and are direct damage removal although it can be any color.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Unless you have three Nylea's Presence, two unicorns, and two non-green dual lands. Then go ahead and force all the colors! I actually did thus at a PTQ, none of my colors were particularly good so I played 5 color good stuff. It worked pretty well and my losses were due to dumb play mistakes.

Anyway, one thing I know about Theros sealed is that it is more aggressive than you think.So be prepared for decks that come right out of the gates like in draft.

Ive been wanting to try magic forever, and i finally bought Magic2014 on steam sale. Pretty fun but then going on forums, realized you cant make own decks with game. So lookin on web for new games i found this game thats launching on steam next month:http://infinitywarsgame.com/

Has anyone of you played it? How does it compare to MTG, depth of strategy you can do, etc... obviously IW must be more limited because of the smaller amount of cards, but regardless, does it have potential? Im a total card noob, but im enjoying this one alot, dropped 35$ on it because i like how its completely non pay to win, as you can get illimited booster packs simply by playing the game.