MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, time to test out some Dwynen's Elites at tomorrow's PPTQ. Elite creates a lot more "nut" play-sequences, but it was painful making the cuts to slot him in. Got 2nd at the last one I was in using my pre-Origins Elves, missed the win by 1 point of damage in both game 1 and 3. Still not super-jazzed about mainboard Fauna Shaman, but it's won me enough games for me to grudgingly forgive the games it spends as a 2/2 Bear.

Creatures: 34
1 Copperhorn Scout
4 Dwynen's Elite
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Elvish Mystic
2 Elvish Visionary
3 Ezuri, Renegade Leader
1 Fauna Shaman
4 Heritage Druid
4 Llanowar Elves
1 Mirror Entity
4 Nettle Sentinel
1 Scavenging Ooze
1 Spellskite
Instants: 8
4 Chord of Calling
4 Collected Company
Lands: 18
4 Cavern of Souls
6 Forest
2 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
1 Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers
1 Pendelhaven
4 Razorverge Thicket

Sideboard:
3 Beast Within
1 Burrenton Forge-Tender
1 Choke
2 Dismember
1 Elvish Champion
2 Fracturing Gust
2 Reclamation Sage
1 Scavenging Ooze
1 Spellskite
1 Thragtusk

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
A guy just won a series with a sultai rally deck with Grim Haruspex, Nantuko Husk, Mogis' Marauder, and Rally the ancestors on the twitch.tv/scglive stream. It looks like a lot of fun.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
That looks like a deck that a lot of people will not be able to play. Too many triggers to miss or cause you to deck yourself, which he did in a previous round. It did not cost him a match yet, but still a very complex deck.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
However, I like that it looks like a deck with a lot of room left for tweaking. The numbers are relatively raw at this point.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Even if you dont catch the matches, its still got a Deck Tech for it on that page, so you can see how its supposed to work. Also shown there is the U/W Control with Thopters that looked pretty sweet in one match I saw.

But none of that matters, because the best new deck is clearly Turbo Fog: Magic the way it was meant to be played!

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Turbofog was definitely cool, but that Rally deck is powerful. The synergies are insane. You can Rally, give Jace haste via Mogis Marauder and easily transform him. The planeswalker Jace let's you flashback a previously milled Rally. Lilliana can be Rally'd in with the team, sacrifice Mogis Marauder, transform her, return it to play with her -3 for additional haste/intimidate. Chord after a Rally easily finds a key piece. Removal doesn't really work against it because of Nantuko Husk.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Our judge packets were short two cards.
frown.png

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
When you attend a judge conference you get a packet of judge foils for participating. Usually it is 6 cards, but this time it was short. They didn't send enough Damnations or Ravages of Waf so no one got them. That's about $300 less for the trip. Drove about 450 miles one way.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Running Goblins today for standard and 3-1 so far. That 11 year old is here again ...

Going to wait until he goes outside to smoke and then punch him in the face!!

Nissir

Lord Nagafen Raider
At FNM I misplaced an Act of Treason from game 2, it didn't get shuffled in and was sitting on the table under my opponent's garbage that he had left on the table after drafting. We each had one land on the table when I noticed it, I brought it to his attention and he demanded the win instead of me just shuffling it back into my deck. His reasoning, "I am going to Dallas and I need to play tight." I ended up rolling him in the 3rd game played for fun, but gave him the round 2-1. He ended up going 0-4 in his next two rounds with his uber tight play. If it hadn't been FNM in the most laid back gaming store I have ever played at I wouldn't have gotten butthurt, but it left a bad taste in my mouth the rest of the night.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
FNM isn't judged that way. Get a_skeleton_03 to come to your store and punch the dude in the face when he goes out to have a smoke imo.