MTG thread

Sterling

El Presidente
Common sense? Poker tournaments have similar rules for people throwing matches. It's easy to call someone out on bullshit.
First problem with this is that you'd have to do this with essentially every match at the start of each game for every player in the tournament. And then you'd be asking for judges to make judgments on strategy decisions that can be unclear.

Radikus

Trakanon Raider
I am going to GP SD this weekend and was planning on playing mono red. Now that it won the pro tour should I stay away from it? Will it just be hated out?

Sterling

El Presidente
I am going to GP SD this weekend and was planning on playing mono red. Now that it won the pro tour should I stay away from it? Will it just be hated out?
If it's what you're comfortable with just play it. I doubt it will be totally hated out it's not like it's going to be 40 percent of the field or anything.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, on the plus side for mono red, you can put 4x Smash to Smithereens in the board and have a decent game against those artifact decks that will also be popular.

But seriously, I think I would play something with Siege Rhinos and Tasigur's and 4x Feed the Clans in the board.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
As long as standard is full of lands that enter play tapped, I wouldn't feel bad about playing Red. Especially now that you get 8 spells that deal 4.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, on the plus side for mono red, you can put 4x Smash to Smithereens in the board and have a decent game against those artifact decks that will also be popular.

But seriously, I think I would play something with Siege Rhinos and Tasigur's and 4x Feed the Clans in the board.
Did you see the g/w aggro deck Kibler played? I guess he had the right idea, ate up the Standard portion.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No Zendikar fetch reprints in Battle for Zendikar. HALP I NEED TIX ON MTGO RIGHT MEOW.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
oh-noes-everybody-panic-1.gif

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
They'll readjust, or everything else will readjust to them. Same as last time.

I'm almost hoping they stay high so I can watch dual lands creep up again.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
They're going to double from where they are, at least.
Temporarily, maybe. There's no way a Tarn will stay over $100. That just doesn't make any sense.

If they do, you can be damn sure reserved list cards will rise to compensate. They always do.

Sterling

El Presidente
Temporarily, maybe. There's no way a Tarn will stay over $100. That just doesn't make any sense.

If they do, you can be damn sure reserved list cards will rise to compensate. They always do.
Yeah people will dump fetches for reserve list cards, duals always get a nice bump when this sort of thing happens.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Same here. Deck is really fun, as long as you mulligan properly. Seems like it would benefit greatly from the improved mulligan rule since it mulls to 6 frequently. Will play the shit out of it for the 2 months it exists. Last round opponent was super salty about not getting the playmat, despite him being the "ringer" from another store trying to get an easy playmat.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Finished second at my stores gameday. Played blue/white heroic, lost only 2 games total, both in final match.

I cost myself the match by trying to push an extra 2 damage though by pinging myself for 1 with mana confluence when I was at 12, put myself to 11, to cast aqueous form on my favorite hoplite. My opponent was at 7 after the attack, but I already had a 6/6 battlewise hoplite that I could have made 9 power the following turn to win. My opponent had 1 card in hand, stoke the flames and a mantis rider on board and me with no flyers. So me now at 11 he stokes me at end of turn, top decks another stoke and finishes me with mantis rider.

Anyway that was my first loss in three weeks with the deck, and since it was my own fault I did not feel bad. 11-1 over three standard events with folks gunning for the deck still feels good. Too bad the deck cannot keep chugging after rotation in Oct. Then again a lot of decks lose a lot in Oct.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In addition to being solid decks, both the U/R Thopter and U/W Heroic decks are extremely punishing on new or just bad players. It's a good deck choice for trying to win a Game day. I played in neither this weekend. I lost in the finals of a Sealed PPTQ on Saturday and got completely ranched in a Modern PPTQ today.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This mill deck is fucking lolz I love it. Holy shit. One of the best standard tournaments I've ever seen.