MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They at least forced me to put Edicts in my Black deck.

Also Aurelia's Fury is amazing for control. Abeyance+Gigadrowse+Fireball? YES PLEASE.

ood_sl

shitlord
There are some Strong cards in Gatecrash . But overall im not really as impressed as i hoped i would be .
A good chunk of this set seems as if it was designed more for EDH instead of Standard, Modern or Drafting .
Half the set needs Ramp to be effective... But as mentioned above , Boros has definitely caught my attention .
http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/art...atecrash%2Fcig

Lusiphur

Peasant
Bogle decks flamed out at GP Bilbao. Like I said, flash in the plan. I play Modern exclusively on MTGO and I never see them.
Gatecrash brings Skullcrack and Boros Charm to the table for RDW. Not convinced about Boros Charm but Skullcrack goes straight in. Burn now curves out at 2 .. very nice
biggrin.png

Radikus

Trakanon Raider
Bogle decks flamed out at GP Bilbao. Like I said, flash in the plan. I play Modern exclusively on MTGO and I never see them.
Gatecrash brings Skullcrack and Boros Charm to the table for RDW. Not convinced about Boros Charm but Skullcrack goes straight in. Burn now curves out at 2 .. very nice
biggrin.png
I have been running RDW for a month now and plan to transfer it to Boros. Boros charm is retarded for the anti sweeper alone, I have lost more than a few games at FNM because of a sweep and it will really fuck up control decks as if they didnt have a hard enough time agianst RDW already.

moseby_sl

shitlord
I play legacy and EDH almost exclusively. Standard is too expensive to play nobody plays vintage, and the problem with modern is that for format feels contrived.
Anywho I love the primordials for EDH, but I do not see alot for legacy, other then unexpected results, I have a feeling that it is going to be broken.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am doing at least one with friends maybe a second alone. I think im going to pick Simic and maybe Gruul if I do the second or not.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I'm headed to one Friday. First pre-release I've done since Stronghold. I don't get to play Magic much anymore, so I'm pretty stoked. Gatecrash looks like a fun set. Maybe not as powerful as RTR, but fun regardless.

I'm planning on going Dimir.

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
Question, if I were to pillar a strangleroot geist and they restoration angel it, does that pillar still hit the geist?

Also wondering this about undying creature being sacrificed to something as a reaction to a spell cast on it, does it come back into play and get targeted by said spell as undying resolves or does that spell fizzle?

one more question, is bloodrush considered a spell or ability?

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Question, if I were to pillar a strangleroot geist and they restoration angel it, does that pillar still hit the geist?
No, Angel exiles then has it ETB again as a brand new creature. Pillar of Flame is countered for lack of legal targets.
Also wondering this about undying creature being sacrificed to something as a reaction to a spell cast on it, does it come back into play and get targeted by said spell as undying resolves or does that spell fizzle?
If a permanent changes zones unless specifically stated otherwise it will enter as a new object and all spells/abilities that were targeting it "lose track" of it as it changes from one zone to another. In your instance if you sacrifice a Strangleroot Geist with no +1/+1 counter on it, Undying will trigger and put it into play as a new Strangleroot Geist. The spell targeting it is still looking for the old one that got sacrificed, and is countered for no legal target.
one more question, is bloodrush considered a spell or ability?
Bloodrush is an ability.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
going saturday @2pm, going to draft dimir, hoping that me not going in as boros will not be a mistake.
seeing as i mostly play EDH, and then standard, this set has a decent amount of chase for me

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Midnight Pre-release. Open $5 pool, Mulligan to 5, Mulligan to 5, Go home to get 7 hours of sleep before next pre-release.

Midnight Pre-release, I had forgotten what a cold-hearted bastard you were.

On the plus side, the Boros sealed pool gave me all 5 primordials for EDH, I guess.

ood_sl

shitlord
Slayed the field with Boros , then Lost to Boros in the final 4 , Had fun and pulled some good cards.
It was a good day.....

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
53 participants for midnite pre release at my local store...

went boros, had a solid deck, finished 38 with a 2-3 record.

oh well, there's always the next expansion in october

Sterling

El Presidente
Dragon's Maze is in the spring, not October, that will be the next large block expansion. Also Modern Masters and Magic 2014 before then as well.

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
Signal the clans is working out REAL good in my deck, pulls me a thragtusk, thundermaw, or huntmaster in my hand and shuffles my deck, big answer for terminus!

Also MUCH MUCH love for skullcrack!!