MTG thread

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Dimir owned the prerelease where I was at. 3 of the top 4 were Dimir, the fourth was Gruul. I placed 4th out of 30. Pretty happy with that considering it was my first sealed deck tournament in 15 years.

Cipher is a much stronger mechanic than it appears on paper, especially in limited. I pulled two Stolen Identities and raped face with them pretty much every game I drew it.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
1-1 dropped the midnight prerelease with an ok Orzhov deck, Friends and I went to a noon one where my simic pack gave me a near perfect orzhov deck there I 4-0 with no game loses at all.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
4-0 as Orzhov at my midnight , extort seemed to be very powerful in the limited format.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Extort and Cipher are both powerful in longer games, just as Battalion and Bloodrush are powerful in shorter ones. The guy who beat me drafted a damn lucky Dimir deck (2 Aberrations, 2 Stolen Identity, 2 Dimir charm) and supplemented it with a splash of Orzhov white (he pulled a pair of the 4W exile card). Every game he won, he did so on low life having extorted me for 5 or 6 to stay alive.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Went undefeated with double Dimir 2headed giant today. All our wins were via mill, Double Consuming Aberration + Mindgrind is pretty dumb.

rad

Lord of Guk
Went 4-0 with Gruul, opening a Domri in my box didn't hurt. Madcap Skills proved to be extremely brutal with bloodrush.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
In the two headed giant sealed my team lost turn 6 to a gruul and Orz team. The gruul guy(splashing white) had a 2/2 with Madcap Skills on it(fucking awesome card) then blood rushed it with the 5/1 then doublestriked it Boros Charm. Since we couldnt block (only had one guy not untapped from attacking) his partner used the Orz guildmage to give it lifelink and then make us loose whatever life when they gained. Was something like 40+ life in one swing. LOL. This set can get swingy QUICK

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope you laughed and shook thier hand for such an awesome death. Sounds like they got exactly what they needed to win that match.

Radikus

Trakanon Raider
I went 2-0-2 with a Orzhov deck. I pulled some nice bombs and then just built defense till I could play them, I think I went over board defensive and ended up drawing twice
frown.png
I had a good shot at going 4-0 I think.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
I know I asked about MTGO, but is there anyone using Cockatrice? I fired it up to test out some GTC cards integrated into my Naya standard deck. It's a little clunky at first but works pretty well for play testing.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Mana empties between phases in a turn. It does make a difference - in addition players no longer are subject to mana burn from keeping excess mana in their pool. I think this changed with Core 2010.

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
And one more question, does protection from a color prevent that damage or is it reduced to 0 dmg. For instance if I were to skullcrack in response to their faith's shield with fateful hour active choosing red, would bonfire dmg still kill the creatures.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Assuming the stack is resolving Crack Shield Bonfire the bonfire failed because the player gains protection from red and bonfire targets the player. Otherwise bonfire damage would have still worked on those creatures. Protection stops targeting from the colored source and prevents damage of the colored source among other things.

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
Was still thinking of sticking to my g/r deck but have my sideboard be a complete burn package swap with a beats rush main, having them sub in a bunch of creature removal only to be faced with straight burn.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Protection of a chosen characteristic offers the following (with the easy mnemonic DEBT):
Damage from sources is prevented.
Enchanting
Blocking and blocked by creatures that share a characteristic with what you have protection from.
Targeting

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
anyone still play, or has a few older cards they want to trade for standard stuff? looking for 4x Mutavaults and some aether vials