MTG thread

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's nice to see people attacking with creatures in Modern again, at least.

Non-infinite faeries, I mean.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I have been wanting to build an Affinity deck for a while so I am hopping that Eldrazi drives it down in price.
Quite the opposite. It being the only deck with consistent game against Eldrazi means it'll go up in price, not down. At least until Innistrad hits and we get a ban announcement. I don't think anyone realistically expects Eldrazi to escape without losing Eye, Temple, or both.

Meanwhile, prices in eternal formats continue to soar. Someone bought out City of Traitors, and now it's relisted at nearly 3x the price it was just a week or two ago.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
as much as i like the eldrazi deck, this is going to leave a lot of people salty eventually

seems eldrazi even more oppressive then splinter twin

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Twin wasn't oppressive. It was top tier for sure, but you could go an entire event and dodge it about as often as affinity or tron.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Building out a Tutelage deck for Standard because why not.
Any suggestions?

I haven't gone through and added lands yet other than Wandering Fumarole (mostly because I have a playset of those already).

Tonic_sl

shitlord
I actually took them out for a bit of control with Roast (even if it's not a lot). Keep going back and forth on that actually.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Super controversial subject here.

How hard is it to find some counterfeit cards that are still fairly obvious so I can play some stuff at work with the guys instead of printing out shitty proxies? I wouldn't want to pay good prices for them and I bet they would sell for cheaper than full value but still more than a couple dollars each. Like for instance I want to play an Affinity deck for a bit and see how it works out. I would easily pay $60 for a good proxy counterfeit deck that isn't a shitty piece of printer paper shoved in a sleeve.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

How hard is it to find some counterfeit cards that are still fairly obvious so I can play some stuff at work with the guys instead of printing out shitty proxies? I wouldn't want to pay good prices for them and I bet they would sell for cheaper than full value but still more than a couple dollars each. Like for instance I want to play an Affinity deck for a bit and see how it works out. I would easily pay $60 for a good proxy counterfeit deck that isn't a shitty piece of printer paper shoved in a sleeve.
Why not use Magic Workstation or similar?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You could try ordering from some of the chinese proxy places, but they mostly focus on big ticket cards, so not sure if they'd custom print an entire deck.

Magic: the Gathering Proxy Generator

Is great for just getting images of an entire decklist to proxy otherwise.

You could try ordering from some of the chinese proxy places, but they mostly focus on big ticket cards, so not sure if they'd custom print an entire deck.

Magic: the Gathering Proxy Generator

Is great for just getting images of an entire decklist to proxy otherwise.
I was going to recommend that same site. Sleeve up a deck of crap cards and slide in the cards from that generator. Works great for a proxy deck. I had built a modern gauntlet to playtest against before GP Richmond last year. And I use the same set for vintage proxy tournaments at the LGS. I have a set of de-inked foils that I proxy over for that. Makes the cards look super sharp!

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah that site, sleeves, basic lands, and a printer lets you build decks for less than 10 bucks.

Flight

Molten Core Raider

Sellers on ebay etc get shut down. Alibaba/Ali express is home to some of the Chinese guys. You won't get decks I don't think, though some of them allow you to pick which cards you get within limits.

egAliexpress.com : Buy New Arrival HIGH Quality 56PCS/LOT Black Core Magical proxy mtg card,MIXED SET 1 2 gathering, MTG Lion Board Games from Reliable game helicopter suppliers on Black Lotus | Alibaba Group

The Chinese guys honestly aren't working very hard at making perfect counterfeits, they could get really close with a small amount of effort and investment, but it seems to be just companies that make playing cards etc putting them out as a side project. Though, some of the individual cards are already very close.

There's a couple of suppliers that work out of Canada that worry me. I've thought for a while now that they are probably putting out cards that people aren't spotting.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
if you're willing to take some time to assemble a PDF of the deck, you can get a deck professionally printed out on playing card stock for relatively cheap from any of the little custom playing card websites. Much like Inked Playmats, they don't arse themselves to check whether the material is copyrighted, and since it's on playing cards it's very obviously not a real magic card.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Sellers on ebay etc get shut down. Alibaba/Ali express is home to some of the Chinese guys. You won't get decks I don't think, though some of them allow you to pick which cards you get within limits.

egAliexpress.com : Buy New Arrival HIGH Quality 56PCS/LOT Black Core Magical proxy mtg card,MIXED SET 1 2 gathering, MTG Lion Board Games from Reliable game helicopter suppliers on Black Lotus | Alibaba Group

The Chinese guys honestly aren't working very hard at making perfect counterfeits, they could get really close with a small amount of effort and investment, but it seems to be just companies that make playing cards etc putting them out as a side project. Though, some of the individual cards are already very close.

There's a couple of suppliers that work out of Canada that worry me. I've thought for a while now that they are probably putting out cards that people aren't spotting.
Is this the same china one that scared everyone a year ago or so? I had heard they were getting pretty close on each try, but then they kind of drew back from the spotlight and hid. I wanted to get a hold of at least one card from that supplier because it sounded like they had a weird texture/thickness to them that was hard to explain in text/pictures, but they looked pretty spot on in pictures. As someone who was trading semi-professionally and running an online store, I need to know what I'm looking for to spot them.