MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I dunno, I really like how Phasing cards CEASE TO EXIST. But remember to start existing again, despite no longer existing. Some real degenerate Teferi's Veil interactions in EDH
smile.png

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
That doesn't make it broken. Infect is a solid deck, but it isn't so dominant that it needs to be nerfed. SOMETHING has to win.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Anyone play at Mox Boarding House in Seattle? I'm flying out for work tomorrow until Friday. Thought I might pack a legacy deck and attend the weekly up there.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Anyone play at Mox Boarding House in Seattle? I'm flying out for work tomorrow until Friday. Thought I might pack a legacy deck and attend the weekly up there.
I do play there, but am busy this weekend. Make sure you have some of the truffle fries. You'll find some of the better legacy players around at MBH. Sadly they don't run vintage on Fridays anymore
frown.png

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Looks like weekly legacy is tomorrow evening. If I can manage to sneak out of a shitty conference dinner I'm going to uber over there and check it out. I had reanimator still together from a couple weeks ago so I stuffed it in my carry on. No chance at all I'll win; I'm awful with that deck. But whatevs.
smile.png

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Getting into legacy for the first time now. I have Burn and Death & Taxes made. Two stores in my area started or are starting legacy tournaments soon, so I should be able to play twice a week.

Anyone know much about what to look out for in the format? I hear Miracles is OP atm, verging on a possible ban for top or counterbalance as a result.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Miracles isn't too strong. If top ever gets banned its not power it's that it's the deck that goes to time in rounds more then any other deck. Even still top won't be banned anytime soon.

Really legacy is so deep you just have to put in reps in it, If not from watching games on twitch then you just have to hammer them out and get comfortable with the decks in the format.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Miracles is fine. It's just grinders moaning. If anything in the deck needs a ban it's Brainstorm, and that card is sacrosanct in legacy.

Simas_sl

shitlord
BBD mentioned he thinks Miracles might be too strong and need something banned. I wouldn't buy into Miracles right now.

Necrath Evilcraft

Your first error was assuming WoTC gave enough of a shit about legacy to worry about the banned list outside of something truly broken emerging.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Nor should they. I want them to keep leaving it the hell alone to adapt on its own.

Yeah it's a strong deck, but at least one format has a classic UW control deck that's competitive.

Necrath Evilcraft

No, they should try and foster it some like real reprints of legacy staples and maybe start making inroads about abolishing the reserved list to as well. Wotc should care about every sanctioned magic format.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
They just did real reprints of legacy staples. EMA was it, and it's really not a bad set at all.

I'm not some big proponent of the reserved list, but I don't expect them to change it. If they did, fine. And they DO care about every format, but the older ones tend to police themselves much more readily.

Given the bullshit around modern bannings, I'd much rather legacy continue to fly under the radar and get the support it does without a bunch of active meddling. When something goes totally wrong, sure, fix it. Mental Misstep, Treasure Cruise, Dig Through Time, etc. We aren't anywhere close to that with miracles.

Necrath Evilcraft

EMA's print run is so small that the long term affect will be nullified within the end of the year. And it caused a spike in a lot of reserved cards prices. It will not help people get into legacy. MMA/EMA's template of limited print runs and increased MSRP(with further prices by many game stores). The poor EV on boxes. I understand wotcs trepidation about over printing stuff and flooding the market like they did with fallen empires but they are way to conservative with these supplemental sets.

Simas_sl

shitlord
Your first error was assuming WoTC gave enough of a shit about legacy to worry about the banned list outside of something truly broken emerging.
How long ago was the dig ban?

Miracles was something like 1 out of 5 decks at the GPs. I'm not saying something certainly will be banned, but I wouldn't drop a couple thousand dollars on the deck right now.

I doubt the reserved list will go away. Wotc would have to decide they'd make more money printing reserved cards then they would lose defending lawsuits over it.