MTG thread

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I was checking my old purchases and found I bought this in july 2012, for the round price of € 500.

14 LANDS
4 Polluted Delta
2 Scalding Tarn
2 Bloodstained Mire /
2 Underground Sea
1 Badlands
1 Volcanic Island
1 Swamp
1 Island
CREATURES
37 INSTANTS and SORCERIES
4 Infernal Tutor
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Dark Ritual
4 Cabal Therapy
3 Cabal Ritual
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
3 Burning Wish
2 Duress
1 Grim Tutor
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Inquisition of Kozilek
1 Past in Flames
1 Ad Nauseam
9 OTHER SPELLS
4 Lion's Eye Diamond
4 Lotus Petal
1 Chrome Mox

SIDEBOARD
2 Duress x
1 Tendrils of Agony x
2 Inquisition of Kozilek
1 Ill-Gotten Gains x
3 Grafdigger's Cage x
1 Empty the Warrens x
4 Dread of Night x
1 Pyroclasm

Good deal considering I still have every card today :)

The LEDs are excellent-nm, I think 2 of them might be BSG 9+

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I was checking my old purchases and found I bought this in july 2012, for the round price of € 500.

14 LANDS
4 Polluted Delta
2 Scalding Tarn
2 Bloodstained Mire /
2 Underground Sea
1 Badlands
1 Volcanic Island
1 Swamp
1 Island
CREATURES
37 INSTANTS and SORCERIES
4 Infernal Tutor
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Dark Ritual
4 Cabal Therapy
3 Cabal Ritual
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
3 Burning Wish
2 Duress
1 Grim Tutor
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Inquisition of Kozilek
1 Past in Flames
1 Ad Nauseam
9 OTHER SPELLS
4 Lion's Eye Diamond
4 Lotus Petal
1 Chrome Mox

SIDEBOARD
2 Duress x
1 Tendrils of Agony x
2 Inquisition of Kozilek
1 Ill-Gotten Gains x
3 Grafdigger's Cage x
1 Empty the Warrens x
4 Dread of Night x
1 Pyroclasm

Good deal considering I still have every card today :)

The LEDs are excellent-nm, I think 2 of them might be BSG 9+

Clearly a savy investor.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Every beta card I've bought in the last 2 years has at least doubled if not tripled. Last January I flipped my UL Chaos Orb that I bought for $70, plus $150 cash for a beta Orb. They're now pushing $2k. It's sheer insanity.

Prices are fucktarded.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
i mean as far as physical copies go, its the only revised dual i dont own, every other i have at least one of, and after candle's hit 1k+ fuck that noise

• 1Like

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I nearly bought a second Candle for $400 at GP Seattle and ended up skipping it once I realized I'd never once played it outside an EDH deck.

It's an absurdly powerful card with no home at all in any of today's formats.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rulings
10/1/2009When Hazezon Tamar’s second ability resolves, all permanents with both the Sand and Warrior creature types are exiled, not just the Sand Warrior creature tokens it created. Permanents that have just one of those types are unaffected.
10/1/2009The first ability creates a delayed triggered ability that triggers at the beginning of your next upkeep. It doesn’t matter who controls Hazezon Tamar at that time, or even if it’s on the battlefield. The player who put Hazezon onto the battlefield gets the Sand Warriors.
10/1/2009Only Sand Warriors that are actually on the battlefield when Hazezon Tamar leaves the battlefield are affected when its second ability resolves. If Hazezon leaves the battlefield after the delayed triggered ability created by its first ability triggers but before that ability resolves, its second ability triggers and resolves first, then the Sand Warriors are put on the battlefield. Those Sand Warriors will remain on the battlefield indefinitely.

He's certainly not fragile himself due to the 2nd and 3rd rulings.

schwy

Peasant
Getting back into Magic after 20 years of not playing. Bought a new pack from Target on a whim, set it on my bookshelf. Day later shit is all folded and curled.

Dominaria

Wtf is this shit. Every card looks exactly the same. Even playing kitchen table, I'd have to stop and look at the cards.

So you bet ur ass I just went and bought Revised off TCG. Vesuvan Doppelganger's, get on it like its hot

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
So, I've got a few arena invites if anyone is interested. They gave 5 out to most beta members for the stress test they want for tonight. There's some cheap events starting today for 24hrs, to increase the demand for the stress test, but the servers may be pretty laggy as well.

here's one for the first person 494-db3u-79e goto MTGArena.com to download then put that code in when it asks

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Grixis Midrange decks on SCG stream this weekend looked pretty fun. Flipping Bolas to get back Liliana to get back another Bolas is a nice value train.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Arena is a buggy pile of shit atm, pretty unacceptable if theyre taking money
While I don't disagree, any gems you buy gets gifted back when they officially launch. i.e. Spend $20, get $20 worth of gems now and then get it again after the final wipe.

Just mentioning it, as I don't think they've made that abundantly clear if you don't follow the beta forums a lot.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Juzam djinn used to be a great creature.

The level of timmy in recent sets is hilarious, its only a matter of time before they print a 5/5 hexproof that draws 3 cards for GG.

Of course some combo players will abuse it and it'll get banned, but thats the basic thing going on.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, it's just like MMOs. Casuals pay the subs. Timmy buys the booster packs at MSRP. So they get the voice the company listens to, even if it's yelling uninformed opinions about shit that doesn't actually effect them.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Juzam was a house for sure but he was fighting for deck space in an environment that contained stuff like Moat, The Abyss, Balance, Mind Twist, and Stasis. Imagine taking all of the power that used to be found on cards like those, transmuting it, and stapling it onto creatures. You don't get to Upheaval all your opponent's shit back into their hands or Stone Rain them on turn 2 but you can play unkillable death machine value engines like Hazoret and The Scarab God.

Sterling

El Presidente
Creatures are better, especially midrange creatures but cheap spells tend to be worse. On the whole Standard tends to be roughly the same powerlevel regardless of era with some outliers in both directions.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Juzam was good in comparison to other creatures, but under costed vanilla creatures have rarely been all that relevant. The old 'dies to removal' argument. If it didnt have some kind of effect on the board, or is hard to kill, the p/t barely mattered.
Obviously, there are exceptions, but its been more true then not throughout magic's history.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I'm not really seeing the "lands matter" flavor at all in this Jund commander set so far. The two alt commanders don't do anything with lands. The main commander/planeswalker has some extra card draw if you chuck a land, then some land recursion and that's it. Most of the other cards they've shown are counters-based. So far we've got Avenger and the Nesting Dragon with Landfall on them and then a card with Retrace where you can flashback the card...if you chuck a land. Looks pretty disappointing so far.