MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
At least RKF has hippy barbarian magicks pumping through his veins, he'll live to 110.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Counterfeiters are the real risk. Since a signature has no providence, you can never be 100% certain who signed it unless you watched it happen. Most artists have quite distinctive signatures though. They're hard to fake and easily verified.

Quinton Hoover and Chris Rush are the big ones people try to pass off as real since they're dead. Wayne England too. Won't be too many years before the list starts growing quickly. Dan Frazier is gettin up there.
Provenance is the word you're looking for.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Checked prices on Ebay and ballpark for all that stuff minus the playmat was around 4000 - 4500. So I put all those sealed packs up on local facebook marketplace as well as Craigslist for 3K figuring someone can do the legwork and sell it off for the difference and keep the profit, I'm happy and they are happy. The card shop guy who was supposed to show today didn't but another guy called and wanted to come buy it. He shows up and it is a little Asian guy, looked like he was 20. He paid the full 3K and said he wants to come back next week to see all my singles.

wgsiz.gif

I'm going to take my playmat and get it frame with a nice matte and include my DCI card from 1995 in there. Hang it on the wall in my basement to relive the glory days :)

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Everyone at work has started playing commander at night.

Who has a good goblin based deck list for that? Just going to pick something up to have fun with.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Puzzlebox is almost as much of an auto-kill as Paradox Engine. As soon as you see that card hit the table, you know you're in for some high octane bullshit.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Won our Commander Sealed set tournament and got the 3 commander decks I didn't play. Super grindy fun. Each round took ~90m-110m. Some ridiculous haymaker swings when you're playing all precons.

Loyal Unicorn is a beast in that setting :D

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Artifacts don’t need color affinity for commander, right? I am assuming your response was full troll but I don’t know.
yea, they don't. I was just being silly.

Although, there used to be a rule about color symbols that appeared in the text box had to match as well, but I think that got changed awhile back. idk, I don't play commander.
Didn't come up much, except I remember Rhys the redeemed was one notable example that couldn't be a commander ever. His own identity being green, but having green/white hybrid symbols. Or, something like a spellbomb couldn't be played at all if the activated cost didn't match the commander's color.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Non-Reminder Text color symbols in textbox do count towards commander deck construction color identity. Hybrid Mana symbols are all colors involved in the hybrid-ing.

Reminder Text *used* to count toward deck construction restrictions, but they stopped that when Return to Ravnica came out, probably because of Extort.

So if you've got a mono-colored dude, who has a WUBRG activated ability, it's actually a 5-color dude. They've been using that trick to print 5 color generals intended for EDH (najeela, general tazri) in sets where there's not enough of a multicolor focus to make an actual WUBRG-costed card functional :)

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Ramos, Dragonengine is a 5 color artifact for example. He can be a general, but he can only go into the 99 of 5 color general decks.