MTG thread

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
1) How much land do they sack you with per pack?
2) What does a pack cost?
3) What are these 37 new cards? New Unicorns and Elves for fun, or OP shit you need to have? (haha like we need to ask)

Chris

Potato del Grande
1) How much land do they sack you with per pack?
2) What does a pack cost?
3) What are these 37 new cards? New Unicorns and Elves for fun, or OP shit you need to have? (haha like we need to ask)
I think it said 1 land per pack with special art.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
MaRo confirmed multiple basics per pack, just one of them has special art. Probably 8 or 9 per pack, depending on whats in it.

Also another bit about the packs:
ursadub asked: "Each booster contains 20 cards centered on a theme. What theme each booster contains is randomized, but each themed 20 cards will be sealed inside the pack and labled." Can you clarify what that means? Can you tell the theme before opening the pack, but the theme packs in a box are randomized?
You will have a booster pack. You open it and Inside is twenty cards inside a plastic wrapped brick. You can see a front card which has a picture and tells you the name of the theme and what color(s) it is.

For example, it might show a goblin, say “Goblins”, and tell you it’s a red deck. That means it will contain red cards, mountains and maybe some generic artifacts that a red deck could play.

You then pick a second booster pack and open it. Its card might say “Phyrexian” and be black. You then can put them together to make a black/red Phyrexisn Goblin deck.

OneofOne

None I would assume. For draft/limited you add your own lands.

Wait, in this age of Wizards trying to dip in our wallets as hard as possible as often as possible, with absolutely no shame, you feel safe assuming that?

Thanks for the info, McShrimp. Now I'm super curious on the pricing.

OneofOne

Apparently the cost is "a little more than a draft booster pack". DBP being what they call normal packs, now. This is justified by them in there being more cards, 1 new land art per pack, and every 3rd pack having 2 rares. Which, yay? I dunno. I'm more curious of the product than anything else.

OneofOne

Secret Lair #4, because papa Hasbro needs mo money!

How long until they run this into the ground? Are we there yet?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
They've gotta make a ton of return off those, especially with the direct to consumer model. They'll be around for a long time.

Sterling

El Presidente
All this customer direct stuff is awesome. Because stocking big chain stores isn't already shitty enough for LGS.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Oh I have to imagine they make a killing on this. $10/card and print to demand? And someone was saying WOTC sells normal product directly via Amazon too, which if true, damn, sucks to be a LGS these days.

That said, if they make a Secret Lair Elf set, as much as I'll hate myself, I'll buy it.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Secret Lair #4, because papa Hasbro needs mo money!

How long until they run this into the ground? Are we there yet?

They have a get out of jail free card to print a series of fetchlands whenever it feels out of touch

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Local game store closing up in 2 weeks near me. Nearest one after this is 45 minute highway drive. Guess it's time to sell out.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Rerun

Molten Core Raider
I’ve given up on buying new cards unless it’s singles for something I actively want to play.
Wizards is going to drive everything not on the reserved list into the ground at this rate.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rerun

Molten Core Raider
New Thalia and Women’s Day Secret Lairs are boring as hell. I thought these things were supposed to be new and different styles of art than we would see on standard magic cards. Was that just too much effort? So, now we get new generic magic art for one and generic magic art in box topper style for the other?
I did buy the Serum Visions box in the first Secret Lair, so I can be talked into buying these things even without Pringle Glass walkers.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I bought the constellation shit because it looked cool, but I'm still waiting on it to ship.

OneofOne

Mystery Booster contents, not sure if it's been shared previously:

Booster Pack Contents:
* 2 white commons or uncommons
* 2 blue commons or uncommons
* 2 black commons or uncommons
* 2 red commons or uncommons
* 2 green commons or uncommons
* 1 multicolor common or uncommon
* 1 artifact or land common or uncommon
* 1 rare or mythic rare from before Core Set 2015
* 1 other rare or mythic rare
* 1 foil card pulled from a curated list

Foil list, version where someone sorted by current value, which is interesting:

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Mystery Booster contents, not sure if it's been shared previously:

Booster Pack Contents:
* 2 white commons or uncommons
* 2 blue commons or uncommons
* 2 black commons or uncommons
* 2 red commons or uncommons
* 2 green commons or uncommons
* 1 multicolor common or uncommon
* 1 artifact or land common or uncommon
* 1 rare or mythic rare from before Core Set 2015
* 1 other rare or mythic rare
* 1 foil card pulled from a curated list

Foil list, version where someone sorted by current value, which is interesting:

Thanks for reminding me that I need to sell my foil crop rotations.

Unsure why it hasn't been reprinted yet, a foil common with 80$ value looks like an easy enough cashgrab.