MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I enjoyed the shit out of Teferi.

I am also an asshole who played Stasis for years.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
WoTC has always been terrible at doing their thing, MTG has survived despite them, not thanks to them.

B&M stores are fucked because they are an outdated concept. Wizards trying to push standard, which is the worst format, combined with the shitty B&M gamestore plan, sure isn't a winning recipe.
I mean standard and limited is what sells the most packs so of course they'll be pushed. Standard has definitely been shit for awhile, but it's not like other formats haven't had long stretches of being shit. Trinisphere Shop decks in Vintage and Counterbalance Miracles in Legacy come to mind as just as bad for a lot of people as anything that's happened in Standard aside from the formats having a pretty high barrier to entry. And Modern spent a good portion of it's existence as various flavors of combo since the general disruption in the format is relatively terrible compared to the proactive dumb shit people can do.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
blackhistorysl.PNG

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
Shalai must have fallen into a vat of dye, she is super dark compared to her previous version, where she looked Native American or Asiatic 'Indian'.

And all of the Kaya planeswalker art has been trash.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
(Note: We are planning an upcoming B&R announcement. In that announcement, we plan to ban Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath in Pioneer, Modern, and Historic. Additionally, we are continuing discussions about doing the same in Legacy. While we are still working internally on the larger B&R announcement for that week, we wanted to share this information ahead of this sale.)

Nice fucking B&R announcement tucked in to secret lair trash there

Sterling

El Presidente
I like the whole thing when they talk about being creative and trying things in new spaces is how things can get broken, when most of the problem stuff is known effects that just get pushed way too far. Obviously if you try some weird shit, stuff might get missed and broken shit can happen, but there's as many cards on the Standard banned list as there were during Urza Block. And they don't have the excuse of the game being new and not as understood fundamentally.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed the shit out of Teferi.

I am also an asshole who played Stasis for years.

I miss the fuck out of Stasis, LD decks, Trix,and Prosper Bloom. Combo asshole here.

• 1Solidarity

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Zedruu is still one of my favorite commanders just for getting to Donate Illusions of Grandeur years later. Less impressive when 20 damage doesn't actually kill the opponent, though. But you do what you gotta do.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone who likes stasis likely tortured animals as a child.

Draw Go? Isn't this fun! Fuck Randy Buehler

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anyone who likes stasis likely tortured animals as a child.

Draw Go? Isn't this fun! Fuck Randy Buehler
Playing Turbo-Chant against other little kids in JSS paid for my first year of college later.

Had another kid's parent try to fight my dad in the parking lot after his kid got to sit there not doing anything for 30 turns in the finals

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Banning Uro in Modern?! lol.

Modern has been pussified entirely at this point unfortunately.

The 3+4 mana card advantage durdle card is too much for modern now or something.

I assume Tibalt is going to get a rules change as well for the cascade interaction.