MTG thread

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Gamenerdz (who typically have the lowest pre-order prices around) have listed MH2. Another vendor I've used in the past has also listed 'em. Near exactly the same:

Draft - $230
Set - $250
CB - $345

I'll live vicariously through anyone who chooses to fork over cash for this shit. I can see why other games are red hot popular right now.

Also, 2 new SL seem to have been accidentally spoiled on MTGO? Shocklands and Mystic Archives. Who knows.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gonna be hard to sell me on expensive ass MH2 boxes when modern prices have crashed in half over the last year.
"Oh, this reprint was probably pretty sick before you panick reprinted it in unplanned masters sets last year"

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
depends how many unique to mh2 cards there are. what's the odds force of negation gets a reprint in this set?

OneofOne

depends how many unique to mh2 cards there are. what's the odds force of negation gets a reprint in this set?

Whether it's this set or a Masters set or a SL or god knows what else it WILL see a reprint. EVERYTHING worth anything will. They are in full on wallet-squeeze mode. I know that every year is "the year that Magic is dying", but I have to wonder - records profits and all - if they are walking down the path of driving away a lot of players.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I know the pace of product release and the rise of direct to player sets is the reason a lot of flesh and blood players give for switching over.

OneofOne

Two 2 secrets lairs, though we already knew one, and one card from the other. Both look like ass. Come at me, weeboos.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
WotC troll level = max

1619123167131.png

• 1Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I will buy the full text lands as long as they aren't foil. I've been joking about "full art lands becoming too common" since Amonkhet, threatening to make full text lands instead.

Vinen

God is dead
I will buy the full text lands as long as they aren't foil. I've been joking about "full art lands becoming too common" since Amonkhet, threatening to make full text lands instead.

Common man. Gotta have the curling.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Ten of each basic land...with no art...for the discounted price of $240...and that’s not even the foil version. What the fuck. It has to be a late April Fool’s right?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Ten of each basic land...with no art...for the discounted price of $240...and that’s not even the foil version. What the fuck. It has to be a late April Fool’s right?

maybe it's a joke about reading? if you read what's in the big bundle the text lands are in there and you get everything else too the individual price is like 10x higher than it's value in the package, weird.

Last edited:

OneofOne

50 lands vs 5, seems to line up.

The Full-Text Lands, 5 lands = $30
Voracious Reader Bundle, 50 lands = $240
The Main Event Bundle, 42 cards of which 5 are normal lands, 5 are foil lands = $260

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
50 lands vs 5, seems to line up.

The Full-Text Lands, 5 lands = $30
Voracious Reader Bundle, 50 lands = $240
The Main Event Bundle, 42 cards of which 5 are normal lands, 5 are foil lands = $260
Any of you guys still buying this shit? Come on, this is disgusting.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OneofOne

100% is. I'm not, but there is a set they could make I would buy - not gonna lie. I imagine it's only a matter of time.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If this was a non exploitative model aimed at being a childrens game with enough depth for adults, they would just print a special $30 pack with 60 full art basic lands or something for every plane they visit. Then not have basic lands in regular packs.

I would have bought a few of those I'm sure.

• 1Truth!

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I'm kindof a sucker for the new shockland art. About half of em anyway. Given the track record on secret lair price retention I might just snag em for the hell of it.

Those text-only lands are hella dumb though.

OneofOne

About sums up this TSR BS. I may actually see if there's some cheap reprint FaB to take a look at for giggles.