MTG thread

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Been away from MtG for a few years and come back to this confusion around different types of boosters.

Can anyone tell me which cards in the following list can only be found in Collector Boosters ? Is it just the retro frame cards ?

It's super simple, not confusing at all...

mh2cards.PNG

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, it's still pretty simple if you don't give a fuck about the 82 variants, because once there's a million different versions of bling it isn't even bling anymore.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What's the difference between extended art and borderless ?
Counterspell is an example of Borderless, where the art is all around, and muted behind the textbox but still present.
Unmarked Grave is an Example of Extended Art, where they basically just cut out the borders on the left and right of the art to show more of the original piece.

Attachments

• CounterSpellBorderless.png
    CounterSpellBorderless.png
    190.6 KB · Views: 19
  • UnmarkedGraveExtendedArt.png
    UnmarkedGraveExtendedArt.png
    145 KB · Views: 19
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Counterspell is an example of Borderless, where the art is all around, and muted behind the textbox but still present.
Unmarked Grave is an Example of Extended Art, where they basically just cut out the borders on the left and right of the art to show more of the original piece.
How are games looking nowadays with all these different borders and alt card frames? Is it just going to look fucking stupid when everyone is back from Covid?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
People playing will use normal cards. No sense in paying a premium for some fancy extended art foil that curls like pringles when you can get a perfectly normal rare-slash-mythic for half the price or even less. That shit is for collectors/speculators/trust fund babies.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I recall someone did the math in January and to buy each card printed last year was like $8,000.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
People playing will use normal cards. No sense in paying a premium for some fancy extended art foil that curls like pringles when you can get a perfectly normal rare-slash-mythic for half the price or even less. That shit is for collectors/speculators/trust fund babies.

This ^^ I keeping hearing how people like to "bling out" their decks, but I've never actually seen it. Our version of "bling" is using the OG printing of a card /shrug

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I am really looking forward to STG modern tournaments,

I'm just tired of everything being standard and some variation of Rogue/Cleave/monowhite

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I thought Strixhaven was going to be a bad draft set but it's actually one of the best in a while.

1622828423096.png

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I enjoy STX more than I expected, but goddamn do I hate the weeb aesthetic.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

If you go to the first-party Amazon seller you can preorder these for $236 right now.

1623367321258.png