MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I was so psyched when Grafted Exoskeleton came out, since I'd been playing Brion Stoutarm EDH for years. It lasted in the deck for about 2 weeks before I removed it at the playgroup's request. Apparently Infect is even more annoying when its your own stolen and flung guy infecting you out.

I don't hate combo decks and I don't hate the people who play them, but people who play Infect in modern kinda make me wonder if you really enjoy playing magic.

I'm generally not a fan of combo, but Infect was my first choice because I already owned most the pieces (and I figured if I picked up Tropical Islands I could make it a legacy deck). I enjoy playing infect more than I do legacy burn, but it isn't the kind of deck I really enjoy. Modern is the format I have the least experience playing, so still trying to get an idea of the meta and how each of the decks play.

Dredge and Bant Eldrazi are the decks that seem interesting / fun to play. I thought Jeskai Nahiri would be interesting as well, though after trying it out, I decided it was too clunky.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Legacy infect is a vastly more interactive deck with a faster kill. It's suitable for the format.

Modern infect is basically giant-growth.dec. The phantom double strike on all infect creatures is much more unbalanced vs. what other decks are capable of doing in modern. Infect, and to a lesser extent Affinity and Dredge, are why early interaction are so vital. If they had just priced Infect creatures the same way they do double strikers (hurr durr giant growth works for both, guyz), everything would be fine.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Seeing if I can get this in here at the right format type.

For whatever reason, when I put the whole link to google docs it wants to add it as media and it breaks

Anyone know how to add a docs link without having it try to show the doc here? It only wants to display 64 items or so

Last edited:

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
T Talo ; Having been into MTG since the beginning, my answer would be: I play everything. But, not having played anything competitive aside from drafting with friends, I don't build around trying to win FNM, or regionals, or anything else. I enjoy the game with friends, not assholes who just want to win. Sucks all the fun out of it. Also, I'd never, ever play MTGO. There's no appeal to digital gaming with Magic. I love it because it's with friends, at a table with drinks/food and joking. Plus, I guess I just love the feel of having the card. It's tangible.

Regarding Infect; Yup, fuck infect in EDH. Another reason to have a good play group where you all want to have fun. Someone can try something out because it's clever, but if the group decides its a complete waste of time to play against, it won't come out again.

But, different things drive different people. If a group is full of min/max players and they enjoy that, well then that's awesome.

Jalynfane Jalynfane ; have you tried loading imagines to any other file sharing/hosting platform, or just uploading off your comp?

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Well it is an excel file with almost 2000 entries, best I can do is edit the link for google docs and hope it works.

https: //docs. google. com/spreadsheets/d/1z8_oZBtcWntd_Q9UL3JKHkhZww-YUwRBsjc_REkFXx8/edit?usp=sharing

remove the spaces

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Another reason to have a good play group where you all want to have fun. Someone can try something out because it's clever, but if the group decides its a complete waste of time to play against, it won't come out again.

Exactly. I had a Roon EDH built, played Perplexing Chimera one time and was so oppressive
I just removed it.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eggs was the funnest thing to play, you got to play your entire deck like 50 times each match.
Maher Oath.

Was so intricate and could deal with so many decks, but watching it in the hands of a good player was light years different than even a decent player.

Loved that deck.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I don't hate combo decks and I don't hate the people who play them, but people who play Infect in modern kinda make me wonder if you really enjoy playing magic.
It was the first modern deck I put together, was cheapish to build compared to other competitive decks, and I'd been playing heroic in standard alot at the time. The decks play very similarly, it's all about reading what your opponent has in hand and planning around a specific moment in the game. I.e. you bait them into doing X so that when you do Y you win. Most players aren't good enough to realize that or play decks that don't have enough interaction early on.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Well it is an excel file with almost 2000 entries, best I can do is edit the link for google docs and hope it works.

https: //docs. google. com/spreadsheets/d/1z8_oZBtcWntd_Q9UL3JKHkhZww-YUwRBsjc_REkFXx8/edit?usp=sharing

remove the spaces

Fair bit of cash in there. Obvious stuff like the duals aside, english legends Karakas are damn near 100$ per, blood moons are close to 50. Some random uncommons like top and kitchen finks are north of 15$ per.

Nearly all the alpha/beta stuff is worth money, but can be difficult to sell, especially the commons. You'd probably need to just go to a major online store to get rid of that kind of stuff.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Yeah I was doing a bit of selling two years ago but kids take my time up now so I have a shed full of cards doing nothing. That's only a half a 5k box full and 1 of 20 boxes.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
More gains
QddtQ66.jpg

• 1Like

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of Recruiter, still salty they made up a new one rather than just reprint him.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Speaking of Recruiter, still salty they made up a new one rather than just reprint him.

Yeah I really like the new recruiter, but it's silly they didn't just reprint this one, with it not being reserved and all. I'm holding out hope for Imperial Recruiter, Imperial Seal and Overwhelming Forces in EMA2. Also fuck it add Rishadan Port and Damnation while I'm dreaming.

I wonder if the new recruiter will tank the price of this one? A color difference and very slight change in ability but it's mostly the same.

I sold 12 Inquisition of Kozilek yesterday before they announced it was being reprinted in Conspiracy. Talk about a lucky move.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
New one doesn't even work for the legacy deck, since it can't grab painter (1/3 too stronk!).

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It's going into D&T, and possibly Aluren. Painter will remain a fringe strategy with a thousand dollar up front cost.