MTG thread

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Legacy is boring as fuck anyways; the game is based around 4 copies of each card, but you can only have 1 of these cards because they are so fucking powerful that 4 could ensure turn 1 wins in 70% of games played. Who wants to do that?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Legacy is boring as fuck anyways; the game is based around 4 copies of each card, but you can only have 1 of these cards because they are so fucking powerful that 4 could ensure turn 1 wins in 70% of games played. Who wants to do that?
That's Vintage, but you're still otherwise correct.

Formats where games are decided on turn 1 or 2 are bad. Even standard where games are decided by turn 4 are pretty stupid. There's a reason I mostly play draft and cube, where you actually get to play real games of magic.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 5 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I just wanna cast Brainstorm

4x(1).jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

rad

Lord of Guk
I know many greybeards poo poo EDH, but it really has been the driver for older card growth. When I noticed back in 09/10 the rising popularity of the format I started buying up RL foils, struck the fuckin gold mine on that one.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Most standard games are decided by the opening hands and card draw.

Skill is of less importance, and its not like you have much deck manipulation options.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I know many greybeards poo poo EDH, but it really has been the driver for older card growth. When I noticed back in 09/10 the rising popularity of the format I started buying up RL foils, struck the fuckin gold mine on that one.
I remember getting into EDH and being like "I'm only going to buy a couple Mana Crypts, it's dumb to spend $20 on a card only legal in a niche format"

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
At least all the stupid lord of the rings cards are bad so far, maybe modern will be okay?

jebzzox87jna1.png
tw7lk8v17jna1.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Most standard games are decided by the opening hands and card draw.

Skill is of less importance, and its not like you have much deck manipulation options.

It seems like the new mulligan rule has really evened that out a ton. Sure, you still start down a card, but the times you see people mull to 5 or 4 is a fraction of what it was in the past.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm all for it. The prices on this set are insane, and I would love to see it fail. But we all know it won't.

It is just another cash grab that ends up letting believers down.

They are running the MTG brand into the ground.

At this point I guess you could park outside a hasbro storage facility, and loot the garbage dump they dump their unsellable stock at.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
God why does everything have to be ruined by woke ass bullshit

Just realized this character
148956CC-FEFE-43E0-8AB7-98BA035C66F3.png

Is the same as this character

BD94CCAE-2F3A-4101-9A9D-62A172ECCC89.jpeg

Like why the fuck did they so drastically masculinize her?

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
God why does everything have to be ruined by woke ass bullshit

Just realized this character
View attachment 463644
Is the same as this character

View attachment 463645
Like why the fuck did they so drastically masculinize her?
The other thing is that it makes Mirrodin generic. They ALL didn't wear much to show off the metal plated parts of their bodies.

The new Mirran character designs could be from any plane.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Are we complaining that the cat titties aren't big enough

Is that really where we're at

• 2Worf
  • 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users